The Student Room Group

Biology GCSE for medicine

I have grade B in biology and I'm really worried this grade is going to stop me from being able to do a job in medicine. I am really unsure if I should resit because all my teachers are insisting that I shouldn't but I feel like if I do get a better grade there would be better options for me in the future I'm so worried and confused as to what to do is it okay if someone could help me?
A job or do you mean an offer for medicine?
Original post by tcameron
A job or do you mean an offer for medicine?

Yeah like getting into medical school :smile:
Original post by stylesthirlwall
I have grade B in biology and I'm really worried this grade is going to stop me from being able to do a job in medicine. I am really unsure if I should resit because all my teachers are insisting that I shouldn't but I feel like if I do get a better grade there would be better options for me in the future I'm so worried and confused as to what to do is it okay if someone could help me?

As long as that grade gets you on to biology in Alevel then your fine, you don't need to resist
Yeah like getting into medical school :smile:

I wouldn't resit, yeah there will be more competitive applicants but I doubt the reason you don't get an offer will be down to your gcse biology grade. Just make sure your biology a level predicted grade is an A or above
Forget about the B in GCSE, you'll need a better grade at A Level Biology.
Original post by tcameron
I wouldn't resit, yeah there will be more competitive applicants but I doubt the reason you don't get an offer will be down to your gcse biology grade. Just make sure your biology a level predicted grade is an A or above

Ohhh okay thats great thank you for your help!!
Original post by dylan1016
Forget about the B in GCSE, you'll need a better grade at A Level Biology.

Oh okay so ill just focus on my a level now and try get a good grade thanks for the help!

Don't worry! As everyone has said above, all you need to do is focus on getting great AS / A2 or linear A level grades when it comes round to it.

When it comes to applying to med school, if you don't think your GCSEs are as strong as you'd like them to be, then avoid applying to GCSE heavy med schools like:
Birmingham
QUB
Cardiff
Edinburgh
Oxford

Good luck with it all!

The Medic Portal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending