The Student Room Group

Are these GCSEs good enough for Medicine?

I've just started Sixth Form, but i'm wondering if I should even bother trying to pursue entrance into medical school. I got 4 A*'s, 4 A's and a B. I see loads of people with 8-10 A*'s and it makes me wonder if my grades are adequate?

Specific grades are as follows:
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Maths A*
English Literature A*
English Language A
Further Maths A
French A
Physics A
Computing B

I've just began Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology at A-level.
Original post by BW999
I've just started Sixth Form, but i'm wondering if I should even bother trying to pursue entrance into medical school. I got 4 A*'s, 4 A's and a B. I see loads of people with 8-10 A*'s and it makes me wonder if my grades are adequate?

Specific grades are as follows:
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Maths A*
English Literature A*
English Language A
Further Maths A
French A
Physics A
Computing B

I've just began Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology at A-level.

Yup, they are fine as long as you apply wisely and avoid GCSE heavy places like Oxford. :yy:
Depends on how good your school is; whether it's a comprehensive/private school. Your A Level grades will matter so much more - don't forget that there are quite a few medical schools and you don't have to just do it at Oxbridge/Imperial.
Reply 3
Original post by jamiesirett
Depends on how good your school is; whether it's a comprehensive/private school. Your A Level grades will matter so much more - don't forget that there are quite a few medical schools and you don't have to just do it at Oxbridge/Imperial.

The school I got my GCSE's at is a comprehensive, and my results were actually the highest in my year group. I didn't think what type of school I went to is relevant?:s-smilie: I have since moved to the top grammar school in my county for Sixth Form, so fingers crossed!
Reply 4
I got 4 A*s 5 As 2 B's and I managed to get interviews at four medical schools , just concentrate on your AS levels now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending