The Student Room Group

Barclays 2017 Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I completed my business insight 1 last night & haven't heard back yet. No email confirming anything either. Looks like a bad sign!! :frown:

Original post by Turing
Is there for any bank? At least Barclays have moved people through the process pretty swiftly, compared to banks such as JPM who seem to have done nothing so far.
Reply 21
Original post by alisha40
I completed my business insight 1 last night & haven't heard back yet. No email confirming anything either. Looks like a bad sign!! :frown:

Probably. Everybody seems to have either been invited to the next stage within 1 hour or not heard back. It doesn't mean you have been rejected outright though, you may have been put into a maybe pile.

Alternatively, it could be different for different business areas/programmes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Anything yet?
Original post by Turing
Probably. Everybody seems to have either been invited to the next stage within 1 hour or not heard back. It doesn't mean you have been rejected outright though, you may have been put into a maybe pile.

Reply 23
Anything yet?

What?
Reply 24
Have you heard back yet? :smile:
Original post by Turing
What?
Reply 25
Have you heard back yet? :smile:

I did Insight 1 last Thursday, heard back within 30 mins, then did Insight 2 yesterday.
Reply 26
Well done. :smile:
I think my test went very well last night but since I havent heard anything from them, I'm going to stop hoping.

Original post by Turing
I did Insight 1 last Thursday, heard back within 30 mins, then did Insight 2 yesterday.
Reply 27
Well done. :smile:
I think my test went very well last night but since I havent heard anything from them, I'm going to stop hoping.

They will probably send you a feedback report pretty soon, detailing your biggest strength and biggest weakness from Insight 1.
Dear XXX

Thanks for completing the Business Insight assessment as part of the Barclays recruitment process. Regardless of whether you are successful in the recruitment process, we would like to take the opportunity to give you developmental feedback on your performance. Please see attached your candidate development report, with practical development suggestions on your results.

The Barclays Recruitment Team

This is the email I received for the test I did on Saturday. I read it from somewhere that lately many people who did the test recieve no invitation or rejection upon completion of Insight 1. The report outlined your strongest and lowest strenght.
Reply 29
You received a reply today (Tuesday) for the test done on Saturday? I should probably wait a few days then.
Thanks for this. :smile:

Original post by rowyourboat
Dear XXX

Thanks for completing the Business Insight assessment as part of the Barclays recruitment process. Regardless of whether you are successful in the recruitment process, we would like to take the opportunity to give you developmental feedback on your performance. Please see attached your candidate development report, with practical development suggestions on your results.

The Barclays Recruitment Team

This is the email I received for the test I did on Saturday. I read it from somewhere that lately many people who did the test recieve no invitation or rejection upon completion of Insight 1. The report outlined your strongest and lowest strenght.
Is invitation to business insight 2 automatic ? as people seem to have received it very quickly after finishing part 1
Also could this have to do with the fact that at the end of the form, there were options to opt out/in wether to consider special circumstances or not ? and depending on what people choose over there determined the next step of their application
Original post by jlm_really
Is invitation to business insight 2 automatic ? as people seem to have received it very quickly after finishing part 1
Also could this have to do with the fact that at the end of the form, there were options to opt out/in wether to consider special circumstances or not ? and depending on what people choose over there determined the next step of their application

No because I opted in and haven't been progressed yet. And yes, it seems automatic to me as people have had invites at 2am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
This is horrible.

Original post by Commercial Paper
No because I opted in and haven't been progressed yet. And yes, it seems automatic to me as people have had invites at 2am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Turing

Hi,
Just wondering what are the differences between insight 1 and 2?
Was there a significant amount of numerical reasoning in both?
and whats the next stage
I applied to legal and compliance - anyone else do the same?

I did my Test 1 last week (13/9). Then I got an email saying that a system error occurred and that I needed to fill in some information before they could progress my application (16/9). Then I got my feedback report last night at 00:58 lol.
Reply 35
Original post by asm76
Hi,
Just wondering what are the differences between insight 1 and 2?
Was there a significant amount of numerical reasoning in both?
and whats the next stage

Insight 1 is untimed and focuses on situational judgement and numerical questions.

Insight 2 has two parts. The first part is similar to Insight 1 but is instead timed. The second part requires you to record video responses to situational questions.
barclays is doing the most these days lol
Reply 37
Original post by Turing
Insight 1 is untimed and focuses on situational judgement and numerical questions.

Insight 2 has two parts. The first part is similar to Insight 1 but is instead timed. The second part requires you to record video responses to situational questions.

Thanks alot , when you said insight 2 is similar to 1 , were there numeric questions of similar difficulty. Numerical questions are my weak point atm , and im trying to work on them.
Reply 38
Original post by asm76
Thanks alot , when you said insight 2 is similar to 1 , were there numeric questions of similar difficulty. Numerical questions are my weak point atm , and im trying to work on them.

Very similar, except you're against the clock.
Reply 39
Hi guys I just got invited to the insight 2 part, does anyone know what will come up as Barclays hasn't been clear.
I have no idea how to prepare for this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending