The Student Room Group

Anyone resitting old spec bio AS/A2 exams in june 2017?

Hi their,I need to resit some exams for the OCR a2 chem exams next year in june 2017 old spec.Was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?Or if u are resitting any other old-spec exams?Wanna feel more comfortable it is not just me =(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CrazyFoxes
Hi their,I need to resit some exams for the OCR a2 chem exams next year in june 2017 old spec.Was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?Or if u are resitting any other old-spec exams?Wanna feel more comfortable it is not just me =(

I likely will be for the last time, AQA though. AQA screwed me over on the A2 Chemistry Unit 4 royally
Same ill be resting unit 4 and 5 biology AQA. Can not be arsed to learn all that content again. but this is the last shot for me anyway
Same with me, OCR MEI's C4 exam screwed me 5 UMS off an A too.
Original post by Ismail786
Same ill be resting unit 4 and 5 biology AQA. Can not be arsed to learn all that content again. but this is the last shot for me anyway

Best of luck with the Unit 5 stuff, all that genetics shmuck is brutal.
If you need any help with Unit 4 stuff I got 93% on it when I originally did it so if you need any help on it drop me a pm :smile:

Original post by Studious_Student
Same with me, OCR MEI's C4 exam screwed me 5 UMS off an A too.

I haven't done maths yet but C4 looks hardcore. Best of luck with that :smile:
You too, retaking some Biol, Chem and Maths modules will be pretty brutal this year but I hope it's all worth it in the end. :smile:
thanks so much man, i will do if i need to!
Reply 7
Resitting f215 i think so

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm resitting F325. F325 really screwed me over tbh, thanks OCR. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Sammy9898
I'm resitting F325. F325 really screwed me over tbh, thanks to me for not doing proper revision. :biggrin:

fixed that for you xoxox
Original post by alow
fixed that for you xoxox

I was kidding but Thanks :smile: xoxox
Reply 11
Same f325 and maybe f324, ocr chem is a nightmare

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Hi , I got BCD , a C in bio and D in Chem, 2 marks of a C, retaking all a2 and unit 1 OCR along with Both ISAs

Retaking biology OCR unit f215 along with both ISAs

Your not the only one mate :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miminfl
Hi , I got BCD , a C in bio and D in Chem, 2 marks of a C, retaking all a2 and unit 1 OCR along with Both ISAs

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: , last chance so might as well make the most of it :smile:

I am doing few maths,furth maths,few bio and few chem resits.All in all around 10-13 resits i would say.

When are you going to start going through all the content again?I was thinking to start in october/november.

What do u wanna do at university?
Reply 14
:biggrin: , last chance so might as well make the most of it :smile:

I am doing few maths,furth maths,few bio and few chem resits.All in all around 10-13 resits i would say.

When are you going to start going through all the content again?I was thinking to start in october/november.

What do u wanna do at university?

Exactly! , thats the best apportunity for us,
That's good I think you'll Be more prepared, cuz you know all of them.

I'm starting to revise from now tbh, then starting past papers like in few months,I feel like I need to be prepared this time and start all over again even tho I know it but you never know how the papers might come this year.

I wants to go to the university of Birmingham, wbu?
Original post by Miminfl
Exactly! , thats the best apportunity for us,
That's good I think you'll Be more prepared, cuz you know all of them.

I'm starting to revise from now tbh, then starting past papers like in few months,I feel like I need to be prepared this time and start all over again even tho I know it but you never know how the papers might come this year.

I wants to go to the university of Birmingham, wbu?

Thats nice,I will start soon too and past papers i will start around jan time.Yea...best to go through all the content from scratch again,i might make new notes too.Problem for me and most people is the questions are sometimes crazy,in bio u put time and effort to revise all the content and they give questions which u dont understand at the end lol.

I wanna go to Bradford or leeds to do chem eng.Birmingham is nice university,really like the library their lol.
Reply 16
Thats nice,I will start soon too and past papers i will start around jan time.Yea...best to go through all the content from scratch again,i might make new notes too.Problem for me and most people is the questions are sometimes crazy,in bio u put time and effort to revise all the content and they give questions which u dont understand at the end lol.

I wanna go to Bradford or leeds to do chem eng.Birmingham is nice university,really like the library their lol.

Omg yes! In Biology the papers are so hard! Like I was so ready for paper f215 more than f214 ended up with a B in f214. I thought I did well in f215 and got a low grade , literally not even exaggerating I worked so hard for f215 literally and because of one paper I got screwed up! But hopefully now we will have time to improve our exam skills and stuff.

Bradford is a good university! They offered me
A place this year to do clinical sciences with them,but it's too far from where I live. The support there is amazing!
Original post by Miminfl
Omg yes! In Biology the papers are so hard! Like I was so ready for paper f215 more than f214 ended up with a B in f214. I thought I did well in f215 and got a low grade , literally not even exaggerating I worked so hard for f215 literally and because of one paper I got screwed up! But hopefully now we will have time to improve our exam skills and stuff.

Bradford is a good university! They offered me
A place this year to do clinical sciences with them,but it's too far from where I live. The support there is amazing!

:biggrin: nice.Yea hope uni is better.Bio is my worst subject so must work hard/
Reply 18
:biggrin: nice.Yea hope uni is better.Bio is my worst subject so must work hard/

Definitely !!! I agree, it's my worst too!:frown: , well best of luck!:smile:
Original post by Miminfl

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, may I ask where you are sitting the practicals for Bio and Chem? I was also on OCR for those subjects and i'm resitting all a2 modules

Quick Reply

Latest