The Student Room Group

Have I chosen the right subjects?

Hey TSR,

I've just started A-levels and my subjects are Maths, Geography, Economics with business and Sociology (I plan dropping a subject at the end of year12). I would love to study architecture at university or building/quantity surveying. I wanted to know if you think my subjects are alright for these courses, I know that I didn't choose any art/technology subject but I was thinking that I could create my own portfolio as I have a bit of experience with portfolios due to GCSE Photography.

Any advice or help is welcome :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Your A-levels are a good range of subjects, and the maths and geography must be relevant. Keeping a portfolio is an excellent idea to show extra passion for your subject - so do try and do that!

I can't really offer more advice (not my subject area at all!!), but I wish you the best of luck. :smile:
Original post by amiekey
Your A-levels are a good range of subjects, and the maths and geography must be relevant. Keeping a portfolio is an excellent idea to show extra passion for your subject - so do try and do that!

I can't really offer more advice (not my subject area at all!!), but I wish you the best of luck. :smile:

I agree.
Look on unis websites to check their requirements etc. As well as getting an idea on what sort of grades you should be aiming for, you can also check if there are any subjects they particularly want/dont want.
Original post by amiekey

Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by amiekey

Will do, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest