The Student Room Group

A level choices struggles

I am in year 11 and choosing my a-level options. I have chosen chemistry, biology and environmental science. I do enjoy these subjects. However, I would love nothing more than to do drama, film and English Literature. However, these are not jobs payed well or with high career aspects, but I just can’t seem to get them out of my head. I am scared I will not be good enough for the sciences or that I will not enjoy them. I know they are a-levels with high career aspects so I have chosen them anyway. I don’t know what to do. I can’t even think of a job I would enjoy to help me decide, and that makes me very anxious
Original post by Cho.e123
I am in year 11 and choosing my a-level options. I have chosen chemistry, biology and environmental science. I do enjoy these subjects. However, I would love nothing more than to do drama, film and English Literature. However, these are not jobs payed well or with high career aspects, but I just can’t seem to get them out of my head. I am scared I will not be good enough for the sciences or that I will not enjoy them. I know they are a-levels with high career aspects so I have chosen them anyway. I don’t know what to do. I can’t even think of a job I would enjoy to help me decide, and that makes me very anxious

They won’t get u any money if you don’t do maths along w it
Reply 2
Original post by Cho.e123
Arts/humanities subjects still open a wide range of options you can do at uni! Don't be fooled by the STEM elitists that you wont go anywhere, if its your passion, then do it. If you're going to do those science a levels, at least save yourself the grief of doing environmental science. i thought i would enjoy that subject and its the worst. at least with bio/chem they have good external resources and decent textbooks that can help you if you struggle. environmental science has neither and the content is less interesting than watching water drip from a tap. if you really feel as though you need bio/chem, do literature with it. or literally anything else. just not environmental science...hope that helps lol
Right let's start at the beginning:
1. What's your dream job?

Quick Reply

Latest