The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Acqua
You should get an email soon, don't worry. I did it during office hours so I'm guessing that if you haven't got it yet than someone needs to approve your application first, you should hear back tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks! It arrived at 1:30am so there seems to be no logic to the timing unless they had an automated backlog.
Original post by GreggyPea
No. In fact, I would advise applying for all of the schemes you are interested in even if that means applying for 7/8/9/all of them. The more you apply for the better your chances.

You won't be penalised for it and once you get to the FSAC they aren't aware of what schemes you have applied for. Each scheme also has a separate pass/fail mark at the online and FSAC stages.

I am a current Commercial Fast Streamer and applied last year for multiple schemes. I passed the online tests for Commercial and Finance but failed Generalist and another. I then passed my FSAC for both Commercial and Finance. At this stage I was assigned to the Commercial scheme as I set it as my first choice.

Excellent, thanks. Just what I was looking for!
Original post by Chriswuk
Excellent, thanks. Just what I was looking for!

Just make sure you think about how you prioritise the schemes you are interested in as they will expect you to choose your first choice if you are successful. You can make a case as to why you don't want it but not ideal. So yeah, if you put Generalist as your first choice but you actually want Houses of Parliament, you'll be kicking yourself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 143
Anyone done the tests yet and got results? :biggrin:
Reply 144
hi guys - i've noticed that this year, we're allowed to apply to the diplomatic scheme, the houses of parliament scheme and the european scheme. This is different to last year, when were only allowed to choose one of these schemes from the list. Does that mean that we will be considered this year for all of these schemes as long as we apply to each of them? Or is it the same system as last year?
Just sent my initial application:
1st - Government Social Research
2nd - Diplomat
3rd - Generalist

Anyone know when the online tests will open? I assume it will be when initial applications close because then there's a 7 day time frame to complete them...

I was a GSR Summer Intern in Department for Education so I'm hoping to go back there if I get onto Fast Stream!
Reply 146
Original post by ABBIE09
Just sent my initial application:
1st - Government Social Research
2nd - Diplomat
3rd - Generalist

Anyone know when the online tests will open? I assume it will be when initial applications close because then there's a 7 day time frame to complete them...

I was a GSR Summer Intern in Department for Education so I'm hoping to go back there if I get onto Fast Stream!

My tests are open. I just think its a few hours after u apply. But you only have 7 days to complete both tests.
I completed my initial tests at about 7pm last night.. but still no response?!

I think some people got an answer instantly?
I have applied for Digital & Technology and European scheme this morning and have just gotten the email notifying me about the online tests.

Has anyone else applied under the disability/guaranteed interview scheme (if you have a disability)? I have a (diagnosed) mental health condition and I did apply under this scheme but it's still scary because it wasn't really clear from their guidelines how it differs from the normal application process.
completed the online tests an hour ago,yet to hear back
Original post by Jamso
My tests are open. I just think its a few hours after u apply. But you only have 7 days to complete both tests.

3 hours after applying I got my situational test through!
Just completed it 🙈 Waiting for the results...
Reply 151
cany you do the civil service graduate scheme if you did a pharmacy degree or is it only for general degrees?
Original post by ABBIE09
3 hours after applying I got my situational test through!
Just completed it 🙈 Waiting for the results...

Hey, Abbie, could you keep me posted on how long it takes for your situational test results to come back? I'm abroad for 6 days in a couple of weeks, and am trying to work out when's the most optimal time for me to complete the various tests (bearing in mind the 7 day deadlines...) :smile:
Original post by NimcoA
cany you do the civil service graduate scheme if you did a pharmacy degree or is it only for general degrees?

Is it a degree from a degree awarding institution? IE, a bachelors of etc? If so, then yes.
Reply 154
Original post by samuelsupress
completed the online tests an hour ago,yet to hear back

You heard anything yet? :biggrin:

I just completed both tests
Has anyone done the behavioural test? What does it include? :smile: Just finished the other one but need a break!
Original post by Jamso
You heard anything yet? :biggrin:

I just completed both tests

nopeeeee
Reply 157
Original post by samuelsupress
nopeeeee

I suppose we might have to wait till the application deadline closes :frown:
Good luck everyone.
I've also applied
1. Diplomat
2. Houses of Parliament
3. Human Resources

I've also completed the tests. Practicing for e-tray and hoping to pass the SJT/behavioural. I'm hoping to hear soon but think we may have to wait until the 7 days is over :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending