The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Does Leicester university accept EPQs ??

I want to study ODP at Leicester university in September 2017 and am currently doing an EPQ as well as 3 a levels but I dont know if it will even be considered and if the grade requirements will be lowered or not.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Alisaurus Cats so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Cynthiagitaux
I want to study ODP at Leicester university in September 2017 and am currently doing an EPQ as well as 3 a levels but I dont know if it will even be considered and if the grade requirements will be lowered or not.

Ring them up and ask them

Or maybe @Official Uni of Leicester will be able to help
Reply 3
They did for me. I applied for medical genetics BSc and did an EPQ on genetic and they offered me ABB or BBB with a B in the EPQ.I'm not sure about other departments though. I'm now a first year student at leicester so if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply.

In general the University of Leicester does consider EPQs, when making an offer. However as ODP has just become a new degree at the university of Leicester. I wouldn't be able to say if they will accept EPQs.

Though I will definitely check with the department and get back to you :smile:
Original post by Official Uni of Leicester
Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply.

In general the University of Leicester does consider EPQs, when making an offer. However as ODP has just become a new degree at the university of Leicester. I wouldn't be able to say if they will accept EPQs.

Though I will definitely check with the department and get back to you

Okay thank you
Okay thank you

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The department have just replied back to me and they do accept EPQ's in terms of getting a reduced offer, but this is done on an individual basis.

They state you will still need to meet the entry requirement (as stated on their website) and pass the interview to be considered for a reduced offer. I have referenced their entry requirement below-

Be 18 years of age by the start date of the programme

Possess 3 GCSE passes at Grade C or above, to include Mathematics and English (equivalents accepted).

Possess 280 accumulated UCAS tariff points (112 with 2017 tariff) Or Possess an Access to HE Diploma in a Health related subject with 45 credits at Level 3 (30 minimum at D and remainder at M)

If English is not the first language, be able to demonstrate equivalence to IELTS 6.5 or above)

Be able to display an appreciation of the principles and values that underpin the NHS Constitution

The department would also like your personal statement to demonstrate your understanding of the course. If you would like more information on how to write your personal statement please see the ODP Website

https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/odp/how-to-apply

Please note that all potential candidates will be invited for an interview and if you are successful at that stage, it still will not guarantee that you will be given a reduced offer.

I hope this answers your enquiry and if you have any further enquiries, please feel free to message me :smile:

Best of Luck on your application!

Antonia
Original post by Official Uni of Leicester
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The department have just replied back to me and they do accept EPQ's in terms of getting a reduced offer, but this is done on an individual basis.

They state you will still need to meet the entry requirement (as stated on their website) and pass the interview to be considered for a reduced offer. I have referenced their entry requirement below-

Be 18 years of age by the start date of the programme

Possess 3 GCSE passes at Grade C or above, to include Mathematics and English (equivalents accepted).

Possess 280 accumulated UCAS tariff points (112 with 2017 tariff) Or Possess an Access to HE Diploma in a Health related subject with 45 credits at Level 3 (30 minimum at D and remainder at M)

If English is not the first language, be able to demonstrate equivalence to IELTS 6.5 or above)

Be able to display an appreciation of the principles and values that underpin the NHS Constitution

The department would also like your personal statement to demonstrate your understanding of the course. If you would like more information on how to write your personal statement please see the ODP Website

https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/odp/how-to-apply

Please note that all potential candidates will be invited for an interview and if you are successful at that stage, it still will not guarantee that you will be given a reduced offer.

I hope this answers your enquiry and if you have any further enquiries, please feel free to message me :smile:

Best of Luck on your application!

Antonia

This really helps, thank you Antonia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending