The Student Room Group

Work Experience - Google

Hi, I'm 15 years old in year 11. Does anyone know if I can, and how I can get work
experience with Google in London? Thanks.
Original post by M.Khan.11
Hi, I'm 15 years old in year 11. Does anyone know if I can, and how I can get work

You'd have to contact them and ask. If they offer it, it'll be competitive. Be prepared for that. Just ask, the worst they can say is no

I very much doubt it. I can't see any work experience schemes on their website, the earliest chance you'll get to work there is during university and any internship schemes there will be incredibly competitive. It's probably one of the most sought-after employers in the world.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
As far as I know, Google only take 2nd year+ university students for internships, so work experience will be out of the question unless you know someone.

I'd recommend you do Google Code-In this year if you want to get involved.
Reply 4
Thanks, do you know any other big tech companies that might take work experience?
Thanks, do you know any other big tech companies that might take work experience?

Unfortunately it's quite unlikely that you're going to be able to get any particularly interesting work experience in technology until you're at University, unless you've got personal links. Have a look around, but generally technology firms are going to want to have people who have a reasonable amount of computer science education, they're not really looking for Year 11 students :frown:
Reply 6

It's extremely unlikely any big tech company will take you. I had a hell of a time getting my internship in Y12, and that was for a company not known for their tech.
Try contacting smaller software development companies near you - if there's a technology/business park near you, most of those places would be a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending