The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmamelville
has anybody received offers for Law yet?
I've applied for Law with French at Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield... and Oxford. I know somebody who received an offer from Liverpool for law within few days of sending his offer yet i haven't even received an acknowledgement email and sent it in before him. I was surprised a law department handed out offers so quickly, his PS must have been really good.
Regardless of which course you've applied for, has anybody heard back or got a generic email from any of these unis yet? Nervous:s-smilie:

Applied for German with International Politics at Liverpool last Tuesday, got an acknowledgement email on Thursday followed up by an offer a few hours later. My other choices are Lancaster, Exeter, Birmingham and Durham. Got immediate acknowledgements from Lancaster and Exeter, acknowledgement from Birmingham yesterday but nothing from Durham yet so it just depends on the uni I think.
Oh gosh so many people have finished their statement and stuff and are waiting for offers and everything. :eek2: I haven't even done a first draft. Just as well i'm not an early applicant haha
Original post by everythingice
Oh gosh so many people have finished their statement and stuff and are waiting for offers and everything. :eek2: I haven't even done a first draft. Just as well i'm not an early applicant haha

You're not the only one. I'm ~2000 characters through my PS.
Original post by NotNotBatman
You're not the only one. I'm ~2000 characters through my PS.

Ah okay that makes me feel a lil better about myself. :h: What are you applying for?
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
has anyone had more than one confirmation email (the same one) from southampton? must be something wrong with their system

I've had 4 emails and a postcard 😂😂 definitely a problem I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
has anyone had more than one confirmation email (the same one) from southampton? must be something wrong with their system

Yep, I've received one every day since last Monday at exactly the same time every morning...
Ah okay that makes me feel a lil better about myself. :h: What are you applying for?

Maths. How about you?
Original post by NotNotBatman
Maths. How about you?

Psychology. :h:
Original post by emmamelville
has anybody received offers for Law yet?

They will be waiting for LNAT scores and/or in-house essay marking to happen. Don't expect to hear anything for the next couple of weeks, then there should be a steady flow of offers coming through.
Oh gosh so many people have finished their statement and stuff and are waiting for offers and everything. I haven't even done a first draft.

Neither will heaps of other people so don't panic!

Aim at getting it done over half-term, final tweaks (and rethinking Unis/courses) over the following few weeks, then submitting it before Christmas. That's a) normal and b) totally okay.
Hopefully I'll be sending mine off on Wednesday :woo:

I would send it off earlier, but my head of sixth form needs to give it the OK, and I'm on work experience Monday and Tuesday so I have to wait...
Guys in my ps if I say "Being a senior prefect, I.." do I capitalise it??? "Being a Senior Prefect, I..." or the other???? aaaah
Original post by ImagineCats
Guys in my ps if I say "Being a senior prefect, I.." do I capitalise it??? "Being a Senior Prefect, I..." or the other???? aaaah

Yeah my UCAS administrator told me to capitalise it when I put it in my PS
Original post by Lauren1498x
At all the Oxbridge talks I've gone to I think they aren't really fussed as long as it's not more than 20% devoted to other things.

Tbh my personal statement is 100% academic only focusing on the course (although I do talk about future careers etc but that's still related to the course). My referee talked about my extracurricular activities in my reference so that I didn't have to waste precious characters in my ps :smile:
Really suggest that if you can influence easily your tutor, I got to read mine and give feedback on it, which was really nice.

For ppl who haven't yet done their ps or are half way through it, just write one complete draft and don't worry too much about the language at that point, once you have a base it's so much easier to go and edit that to make it perfect. This tip honestly helped me so much and hope it helps others :smile:

Good luck to everybody
Original post by Gogregg

I would send it off earlier, but my head of sixth form needs to give it the OK, and I'm on work experience Monday and Tuesday so I have to wait...

Good luck! What are you applying for?
Original post by Gogregg

YAAH same!!! Good luck!!
Original post by IcedArizona
Good luck! What are you applying for?

Thank you!
Medicine at UEA, Barts and the London, Newcastle and Dundee :biggrin:

Original post by ImagineCats
YAAH same!!! Good luck!!

:woo: you too!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
For once, I'm looking forward to school so I can send off my UCAS.

Same here. Keep me updated with Swansea! Desperate for an offer from them
Original post by IcedArizona
For ppl who haven't yet done their ps or are half way through it, just write one complete draft and don't worry too much about the language at that point, once you have a base it's so much easier to go and edit that to make it perfect. This tip honestly helped me so much and hope it helps others :smile:

I absolutely agree. To start with, I just free-wrote, trying not to obsess over language choices and structure too much. Then I edited it down, changed some wordings, re-structured it and I was more or less done :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gogregg
Thank you!
Medicine at UEA, Barts and the London, Newcastle and Dundee :biggrin:

:Woo: you too!!!

Newcastle! Maybe I'll see you if I get into Durham :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending