The Student Room Group

Welbeck DSFC 2017 entry

Hey! Thread for anyone who is applying or looking at applying for Welbeck.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Good evening,

I am currently attending Welbeck after I passed and joined this year as 16E. What service are you looking at joining?
Reply 3
Hi. I'm going to be applying for the raf.
Hi, I can try my best given I am Navy and know several who have joined via the RAF selection process.

A key thing to remember is to give it your all, in your initial testing don't leave any blanks, double and triple check everything as I failed my first tests due to sloppy checking.

What information would you like?
Reply 5
Hi. I'm going to be applying to desg
DESG is certainly the nicest application process, hard but in comparison it is nicer. However you do need to be more intellectual on a whole in comparison to the other forces.
Hi there. I was just wondering if any previous applicants knew any ways to prepare for your interview. And does anyone else have or had Colonel Peacock. Thanks
Original post by Finlay Sheather
Hi there. I was just wondering if any previous applicants knew any ways to prepare for your interview. And does anyone else have or had Colonel Peacock. Thanks

Are you army?
Original post by JacobThornton
Are you army?

Yes I am.
Is anyone else doing their GAIC(O) at Longmoor Camp?
Original post by H.anand
I'm an army entry student at Welbeck and I had Colonel Peacock for my interview. There is no way you can really prepare for your interview, just be yourself and don't lie about anything. As long as you're honest you'll be ok. Just make sure your mental maths is up to scratch :wink:

Thanks a lot!:smile:
Good afternoon! I have my interview this Friday and was wondering how to prepare for the general knowledge of the Army side of things.
Thanks a lot.:smile:
Hi there,
I'm an RAF sponsored student currently at Welbeck. If you need help with the process please do feel free to drop me a message or reply on here and I'll do my best to help you.
It is a very scary thing to apply to Welbeck and it will seem very daunting but somehow, I managed to get in XD. Quick tip, don't worry about the process as a whole, worry about each bit as you get to it and you'll do fine.
Good luck and I'm here if you need any help
Reply 14
Original post by jwilliams1908
Hi there,
I'm an RAF sponsored student currently at Welbeck. If you need help with the process please do feel free to drop me a message or reply on here and I'll do my best to help you.
It is a very scary thing to apply to Welbeck and it will seem very daunting but somehow, I managed to get in XD. Quick tip, don't worry about the process as a whole, worry about each bit as you get to it and you'll do fine.
Good luck and I'm here if you need any help

Hiya , I'm applying for an RAF sponsorship and have my interview fast approaching. Do you have any tips? Or remember any of the questions he asked you?. Thank so
Original post by Rosegray
Hiya , I'm applying for an RAF sponsorship and have my interview fast approaching. Do you have any tips? Or remember any of the questions he asked you?. Thank so

Make sure you learn what the four types of aircraft we have (fast jet, helicopters, transport and ISTAR) where those aircraft are flown from. Also, think about how they've been used in recent operations.

Also, learn about two national news stories are that will have a major effect on the country as well as two international stories. Make sure you have a clear opinion on those stories, but don't be closed to other sides of the argument.

Think about why you want to join the RAF as an officer and why you particularly want to go to Welbeck.

Be confident in what you say and don't worry if you make a mistake. I made mistakes in my filter interview and in my OASC interview and I still got in.

Oh and the one question I got asked in my filter interview that stumped me quite a lot was 'If your men were under fire would you be willing to kill someone?' and that made me think quite hard about whether it was worth the work. Just think about that
Reply 16
Thanks so much that's a big help. How's day to day life at welbeck ?
If anyone is interested in the DESG/Dstl selection process, feel free to email me about it: [email protected]
Original post by Rosegray
Thanks so much that's a big help. How's day to day life at welbeck ?

It depends on a lot of things, house, lessons, sports, GA, room, it can all make it a very different experience. For example, if you're lucky enough to have a room with signal, you'll find that you talk to people at home more than if you had a room without signal
Hi, I'm Kate I've been accepted for entry as a private student in 2017so hopefully see some of you there

Quick Reply

Latest