The Student Room Group

Oxford application

Can I apply to oxford for french (AAA) with AABB in my AS Levels, AAA predicted grades and 10A*s at GCSE? Or are my AS levels too bad?
What was each AS grade in?
Reply 2
French A biology A chemistry B and critical thinking B
Reply 3
Original post by DarkEnergy
What was each AS grade in?

French a biology a chemistry b
Critical thinking b
No way don't even bother. Most applicants' predictions far exceed the standard offer, also that B is a major red flag.
Original post by abbbbbbb
French a biology a chemistry b
Critical thinking b

Did you have extenuating circumstances for the B grades? No offence but it just seems like such a step down from your stellar GCSE grades.
Do you meet any Oxford contextual flags? - https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/contextual-data?wssl=1
Original post by Patrick-Bateman
No way don't even bother. Most applicants' predictions far exceed the standard offer, also that B is a major red flag.

shut up

Can I apply to oxford for french (AAA) with AABB in my AS Levels, AAA predicted grades and 10A*s at GCSE? Or are my AS levels too bad?

I suggest you definitely go for it.
Your predictions are perfectly fine! Plus, an amazing personal statement, references, interesting extra curricular (assuming you have those already) and those amazing GCSEs add to your application's uniqueness.

Even if you get a rejection, you obviously have 4 other offers to fall back on.

Give it a go, you'll regret never knowing!

:u:
Reply 7
Original post by DarkEnergy
Did you have extenuating circumstances for the B grades? No offence but it just seems like such a step down from your stellar GCSE grades.
Do you meet any Oxford contextual flags? - https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/contextual-data?wssl=1

I was ill during my main exam week with a flare up of ibs but I didn't apply for any extenuating circumstances so I guess it's too late now

I don't know if you've applied, so this might be too late, but for anyone else reading thins thread Oxford don't consider AS Levels in a mechanistic way, like they do with GCSEs. If you've got top spot in your school or 8A+ for GCSEs and your predicted grades meet the offer you're fine ( and I don't think predicted grades are weighted as strongly as GCSE either). This obviously changes by subject.

I'd reckon with 10A* at GCSE grades you'd be a strong applicant, as long as your A2s either meet the requirements if predicted, or one grade above if applying post A2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending