The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Arsenal play in the CL midweek too so potentially we could see a few players rested or taken off early?

I'm glad I have built up a lead at the top because looking at my XI I can't see where the points will come from this week.

I'm feeling pretty good about mine apart from Kun, Sterling and Sanchez, who probably occupy most decent teams anyway. Fielding Snodgrass, Chadli, Tekkers and Lukaku, and have opted for the frankly suicidal and overpriced Davies and Shawcross to accompany Walker in defence for the upcoming schedule.

It's part of my new approach of trying to actually enjoy the game more by not making doing as well as i possibly can the primary and only objective. Massive punts is high on the fun list.
Aguero (c) here. Aguero will get it for most games.
Original post by Mister Dead
I've abandoned the idea of bringing Walcott in and definitely wont be Sanchez captain. I saw a very leggy Arsenal struggle against Burnley and although Burnley were stubborn, Arsenal were very poor, and i don't see Swansea as really inferior defensively to Burnley. Arsenal had played 6 games in 21 days and Burnley 3. Same story is happening here with Arsenal having played 6 games in the time Swansea played 4 and on top of that almost all Arsenal's outfield players have played an additional 90-180 mins internationally and traveled, whereas only 2 of Swansea's players did and they got fewer minutes. I expect Swansea to be bang up for this and full of energy and for Arsenal to be lethargic

Yea I was thinking the same lines but then Aguero traveled far for internationals and Koeman would've studied Spurs against Man City. Also Everton have had a mean defence.

Firmino plays Man Utd so don't want to pick him.. Son plays WBA who are also pretty good in defence..

No obvious candidates for me :frown:
I'll be very surprised if Firmino doesn't get some attacking points against us.
Just bought Costa in...
Original post by mr tim
Just bought Costa in...

I've had him for a few weeks now - really should've captained him considering how poor Leicester are.

Let's hope Aguero at least does something but Everton are far from pushovers.
Original post by Lúcio
I've had him for a few weeks now - really should've captained him considering how poor Leicester are.

Let's hope Aguero at least does something but Everton are far from pushovers.

Every time he scores and i don't captain him lol. Let's hope he doesn't get a yellow card otherwise he'll be banned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Every time he scores and i don't captain him lol. Let's hope he doesn't get a yellow card otherwise he'll be banned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least we have him though - a lot of my rivals don't and a few have Willian who isn't playing today due to the unfortunate death of his mother.

In fairness, Costa has seemed much more disciplined recently, although it only takes a second for him to get a yellow. Even if he gets banned for a game, I'd probably just bench him because he's the on-form striker this season.

My hope is that City will be motivated to tear Everton apart after such a crushing loss to Spurs...
Could do with an Aguero blank since a lot of people captained him.
I'm pretty sure aguero will start but not sure about Sanchez? I didn't really give it much thought because I had other people to take out but now I'm really sweating over it lol. Who wud replace him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aguero on the bench
He's never, ever benched. This is an absolute nightmare.

Son and Rose miss out too.*
Original post by mr tim
Aguero on the bench

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1476536888.680403.jpg
I wud have definitely thought aguero and Sanchez wud have been other way around. I suppose they have ichanacho but arsenal don't have giroud.
At least I didn't take out sterling for son!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it was fun while it lasted, going to take a huge fall in rank this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Well it was fun while it lasted, going to take a huge fall in rank this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch him come on at 70 minutes and get a hattrick...
Internationals + champions league = fpl death

Posted from TSR Mobile
In a game of serious highs and serious lows, changing your captain from Aguero to Costa at 11:20 is definitely the former.
Original post by Lúcio
Watch him come on at 70 minutes and get a hattrick...

At least everyone is in the same boat :lol:

On the plus side everyone's going to bring Costa in this week with no regard for his upcoming fixtures or his inevitable suspension.
Surprised de bruyne made it too. Can only assume 2 internationals and initial knock too much for aguero to start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest