The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brian_sp12
Has anyone attended Morgan Stanley AC? I have applied for markets and am curious about the technical interview (what it involves), and how much emphasis is put on the paper numerical test?

Have you been already invited? When did you have your telephone interview?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4381
Original post by Commercial Paper
Subscription has expired that's why I'm asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is mergermarket worth it do you think? Also how much is it? Thanks
Original post by L_ane
Is mergermarket worth it do you think? Also how much is it? Thanks

No idea. Definitely worth it if you can get access. I used to jump on a friends bank subscription that he used when interning but it has stopped working now :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4383
No idea. Definitely worth it if you can get access. I used to jump on a friends bank subscription that he used when interning but it has stopped working now :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's annoying! Thanks anyways
Reply 4384
Original post by gsbs2
I use my internship's one, but definetely worth it, and great m&a reports too

Cool, thanks
what are peoples thought on reneging?

I know you won't be getting a job/internship at that firm for the near future, but does the word spread across the banks?

edit: does anyone know anyone who has reneged, what were the consequences?
(edited 7 years ago)
One of two page cvs for IBD summer analyst?
Original post by Flourish RY
what are peoples thought on reneging?

I know you won't be getting a job/internship at that firm for the near future, but does the word spread across the banks?

generally no, especially if both places are BB/EB
Original post by giggy12s
One of two page cvs for IBD summer analyst?

definitely one page, otherwise they will not even look at it, leave out very old and useless experiences/extracurriculars if you need more space
My education credentials are all great. Great GCSEs and A-levels and got a first in my first year of Maths at Cambridge. Now in my 2nd year (penultimate year).

However, I dont have any work experience except some engineering stuff from when I was at school. Nothing in the field of finance. Not a treasurer for any society or anything. Don't really know much about the banking world. I just do weight training and football on the side of my degree.

I want to apply for internships this year because I guess its the best way to find out whether or not I want to do it as a job in the future. A lot of people have said to me it would be foolish not to at least apply (you never regret trying). And obviously the money is attractive...

My question is with only my academics and limited extra stuff, would I have a shot at an internship? What should I do between now and the interviews to "catch up" in terms of financial knowledge? Do I need to learn any specific programming languages? ATM I dont even know where to start, or which of the many different roles I should be applying for...

What should I do now if I dont want to miss the summer 2017 application cycle?
Original post by Internship2017
My education credentials are all great. Great GCSEs and A-levels and got a first in my first year of Maths at Cambridge. Now in my 2nd year (penultimate year).

However, I dont have any work experience except some engineering stuff from when I was at school. Nothing in the field of finance. Not a treasurer for any society or anything. Don't really know much about the banking world. I just do weight training and football on the side of my degree.

I want to apply for internships this year because I guess its the best way to find out whether or not I want to do it as a job in the future. A lot of people have said to me it would be foolish not to at least apply (you never regret trying). And obviously the money is attractive...

My question is with only my academics and limited extra stuff, would I have a shot at an internship? What should I do between now and the interviews to "catch up" in terms of financial knowledge? Do I need to learn any specific programming languages? ATM I dont even know where to start, or which of the many different roles I should be applying for...

What should I do now if I dont want to miss the summer 2017 application cycle?

For working out the roles, see http://unofficialguidetobanking.com/

Everyone has a shot. You need to speak to people, do an insane amount of research and apply asap. Attend networking events to learn more, look at the careers website of the bank. You don't need to know programming languages..
Has anyone heard back from HSBC Off-Cycle?
For working out the roles, see http://unofficialguidetobanking.com/

Everyone has a shot. You need to speak to people, do an insane amount of research and apply asap. Attend networking events to learn more, look at the careers website of the bank. You don't need to know programming languages..

Yeah, I would start by applying ASAP and then follow by all this advice CP gave
Are Standard Chartered particularly strong in any area? I can't find anything about recent deals
How long did they take to get back to you after the phone interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found out 5 days later. I did the interview on the 5th and got the email confirming that I had got through that round on the 10th.
Original post by Thenry06
Are Standard Chartered particularly strong in any area? I can't find anything about recent deals

retail/business banking in asia
Anyone had RBC telephone interview for markets summer internship? PM me, I'm quite happy to trade advice throughout the process (I have already had several telephone/video interviews)
Anyone else has their HSBC's status on "on hold pending further review"?

Wonder what it means

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4398
Anyone else encountering technical difficulties with credit suisse? after starting the verbal reasoning and submitting the practice questions it went straight to the numerical test. any thoughts?
Do we need to include addresses' in cover letters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending