The Student Room Group

Kent Student Union uses Zayn Malik as a face of Black History Month!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/10/26/kent-uni-student-union-backlash-over-zayn-malik-sadiq-khan-bhm-choice/

Racist POS good for nothing union. Minorities are not a monolith and asians are not black and vice versa. How horribly misguided to think that using the image of a pakistani pop star will empower black students at the uni more so than using the image of black proponents of anti-racism.

White people gonna white people. I guess. Sigh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bet they were like: Find us a picture of a foreigner and stick it up there, oh, and don't forget his name and date of birth, we don't wanna look unprofessional.
Reply 2
Whoever approved this should be hung out to dry.

Original post by oShahpo
Bet they were like: Find us a picture of a foreigner and stick it up there, oh, and don't forget his name and date of birth, we don't wanna look unprofessional.
Reply 3
Looool did you see the president's non-apology on facebook?
It was legit: "im sorry that YOU were offended by it" and deflecting the blame onto the '2000 volunteers'

2000 people and not one of them pointed out zayn malik/sadiq khan aint black? ._.
Hahahahahahahahaha oh Lord.
This was either due to idiocy or glorious trolling.

Also, why don't we incorporate 'black history' into regular history instead of having a single special month devoted to it? Or at least call a spade a spade and name it 'Ironically Patronising White Guilt Month.'
Reply 6
Ain't he half white wth. Whoever made this poster is stupid.
Reply 7
Original post by Dandaman1
This was either due to idiocy or glorious trolling.

Also, why don't we incorporate 'black history' into regular history instead of having a single special month devoted to it? Or at least call a spade a spade and name it 'Ironically Patronising White Guilt Month.'

I agree with you. The curriculum can't not portray black people as anything other than subservient unfortunately, as if the last 300 years and slavery encompasses all of black history. If you're going to teach it, it has to be historically accurate and not the same dry stuff over and over again. The problem is, I don't even think history teachers know much about black history outside slavery in America.
Original post by z33
Looool did you see the president's non-apology on facebook?
It was legit: "im sorry that YOU were offended by it" and deflecting the blame onto the '2000 volunteers'

2000 people and not one of them pointed out zayn malik/sadiq khan aint black? ._.

A professional offendee giving it the "it's not my fault if you're offended, that's on you" line. Couldn't make it up.

On a side note, it's jokes how often SJWs are at least as ignorant, regressive and racist as those they spend all their time bleating about.
Reply 9
Original post by jam276
@difeo with a face like that I don't blame them x

Lol! this basically means you're black,
appropriate username
Clearly a bunch of ****wits who don't know their arse from their elbow.
Original post by OGGUS
Ain't he half white wth. Whoever made this poster is stupid.

hes a irish-pakistani muslim from bradford. he tries to act black tho , maybe thats where they got confused
Wait zayn malik isnt black? :hmmm:
Perhaps they may not have saw a coloured photo of him and assumed he was black cause he had black hair? :dontknow:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

chairman Mao is still alive??
This is not just offensive to black people, it's also offensove to all ethnic minorities in the UK. This clearly shows that if you aren't caucasian then you are part of the 'others' :s-smilie: . Clearly their SU isn't diverse.

To think I was considering Kent at one point smh
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
This is not just offensive to black people, it's also offensove to all ethnic minorities in the UK. This clearly shows that if you aren't caucasian then you are part of the 'others' :s-smilie: . Clearly their SU isn't diverse.

To think I was considering Kent at one point smh

To be fair, Kent's SU isn't by any means the only SU to be full of sheltered, ignorant half-wits. In fact it's more or less a pre-requisite to be a significant part of any SU. I used to be a union rep for a sports society at East Anglia and had to sit through the meetings. It was tortuous.

Look at the NUS. They're like the final boss of SUs and they're considered a national joke.
(edited 7 years ago)
Id bet my left testicle that they arent studying maths, physics or chemistry.
Reply 19
LOL at the slim shady pic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending