The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hopping on the gundogan hype train
Payet out hazard in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Currently sitting at third.. Nice and cosy up here. Made my transfers..
Jumping in. Joined the league, not a great start to say the least.
Took the lazy option and brought in Milner and Gundogan. Team value taking a hit because I've been slow to jump on the bandwagon and slow to get rid of players before prices have dropped.

Really need some Chelsea exposure but I've spread my value across too many players now.
Original post by Zerforax
Took the lazy option and brought in Milner and Gundogan. Team value taking a hit because I've been slow to jump on the bandwagon and slow to get rid of players before prices have dropped.

Really need some Chelsea exposure but I've spread my value across too many players now.

I seriously had no idea why Gundogan's ownership was so low considering his price and tendency to get forward. Sanchez, Firmino, Allen, Gundogan midfield is perfect in my opinion.

I can see why fewer people have Milner - he gets no significant CS benefit and gets 5 points rather than 6 when he scores pens. £6.6m would get you the most expensive defender in the game and since Milner gets no defensive benefit, it's a tough one.
Gundogan's gametime is concerning . He has only played 90 minutes twice and didn't play at all at the start of the season . I figure the minute his form drops he's out the team.
Original post by Lúcio
I seriously had no idea why Gundogan's ownership was so low considering his price and tendency to get forward. Sanchez, Firmino, Allen, Gundogan midfield is perfect in my opinion.

I can see why fewer people have Milner - he gets no significant CS benefit and gets 5 points rather than 6 when he scores pens. £6.6m would get you the most expensive defender in the game and since Milner gets no defensive benefit, it's a tough one.

Gundogans previous highest scoring season was like 4, he's injury prone, not nailed on and rarely makes bursts into the box. going for him is complete bandwagoning.
I have Milner because of pens and his tenancy to assist from fullback, but I'll probably get rid if he doesn't perform when he gets back from injury
Got 2 free transfers and 0 at the bank. Any suggestions? I'd love to get Hazard in...but I don't know if it's worth sacrificing Sanchez at his current form...at the same time, Alli hasn't really been performing.
Original post by Sephiroth
Gundogan's gametime is concerning . He has only played 90 minutes twice and didn't play at all at the start of the season . I figure the minute his form drops he's out the team.

He's only 5.5m though which is an excellent price for a cheap, rotating midfielder.
Original post by UnWise
Got 2 free transfers and 0 at the bank. Any suggestions? I'd love to get Hazard in...but I don't know if it's worth sacrificing Sanchez at his current form...at the same time, Alli hasn't really been performing.

Personally got rid of Sanchez as he upsets the balance of my team and the next two are against defensive sides that I can't see Arsenal scoring more than 1 or 2 at most each game. It's allowed me to bring in a Chelsea defender and a little bit of value to upgrade Sterling to Firmino possibly after this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
Gundogans previous highest scoring season was like 4, he's injury prone, not nailed on and rarely makes bursts into the box. going for him is complete bandwagoning.
I have Milner because of pens and his tenancy to assist from fullback, but I'll probably get rid if he doesn't perform when he gets back from injury

Love how you say Gundogan is complete bandwagoning, then you get Milner...
Original post by Lúcio
Love how you say Gundogan is complete bandwagoning, then you get Milner...

Milner is based off pens and your run of form. Is literally the opposite of a bandwagon move when very few people have him or are bringing him in (hence good price drop)
I have Aguero (c), de Bruyne and Gundogan. Sterling not starting. This is make or break for me.
Original post by little_wizard123
I have Aguero (c), de Bruyne and Gundogan. Sterling not starting. This is make or break for me.

Pfft. There's best part of 30 games left yer drama queen
Sterling not even on the bench, off he goes in my team then.
Kept Sterling for this game, guess luck comes around at some point.
If you got Sterling and amputated his legs and replaced them with Jesus Navas' lightning legs then removed his upper body and replaced it with Sergio Aguero's powerfull trunk. then took out his brain and replaced it with the brain of Kevin De Bruyne then you'd think you'd have turned a pretty rubbish player into a SUPER PLAYER but actually you'd just have cut half your team to pieces and created a horribly disabled mess.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Pfft. There's best part of 30 games left yer drama queen

Nah, ive only ditched Ibra today so I've cost myself a top, top rank already.
Captain Aguero nice.

Latest