The Student Room Group

Should I drop AS Physics

I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics but I haven't been enjoying physics and don't understand much of the waves or circuits topics.
It's been 2 half terms but I don't know whether it is worth holding out and hoping it gets better. My parents think I should keep going but I'm constantly stressed and confused. My other subjects are fine though. I'm worried that if I drop it my options will be limited as most Maths courses at Uni often want physics or IT and most Chemistry courses want Biology or Physics.
Any Advice?
I would keep physics, if u want you can drop it after AS i think by the end of the year you will have an idea of what you want to do for uni so you would know if you need physics or not. I got an A in AS physics so if you have any questions i will be open to answer them :smile:
I think you'll live without physics. Anyways, if all the other courses are fine and you're happening to struggle with physics then it's better to drop it now while you can. No point wasting time
Reply 3
Original post by Emily62
I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics but I haven't been enjoying physics and don't understand much of the waves or circuits topics.
It's been 2 half terms but I don't know whether it is worth holding out and hoping it gets better. My parents think I should keep going but I'm constantly stressed and confused. My other subjects are fine though. I'm worried that if I drop it my options will be limited as most Maths courses at Uni often want physics or IT and most Chemistry courses want Biology or Physics.
Any Advice?

I am the same I dislike Physics to the core but need it as I want to apply to Engineering and ended up with a U in my first test but, hopefully more revision can boost that up. I really do think if you want to do Maths at Uni Physics would be worth keeping as Maths and Physics go well together. If it's stressing you out too much drop it but I suggest you keep it for now. and maybe drop it after AS.

Quick Reply

Latest