The Student Room Group

Queen Victoria quote on feminism (1870).

Read this:

Quote from Queen Victoria, 1870: “I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of ‘Women’s Rights,’ with all its attendant horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to ‘unsex’ themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection.”

Now read this: The Liberal Wall of Hate ('toxic masculinity', 'rape culture', 'white privilege', etc.) - scroll down to "Men/Feminism" heading.

Yes, we know. Feminism, like communism and fascism, is defined by what it isn't, rather than what it is: 'NOT ALL FEMINISTS ARE LIKE THAT!'

Here's a quote from Booker T. Washington from 1911 (just as applicable to gender as it is to ethnicity): "I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public."
I don't care about that dead b****.
She wore black for forty years, after her hubby died ffs. :rolleyes:
Original post by The Last Citizen
Read this:

Quote from Queen Victoria, 1870: “I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of ‘Women’s Rights,’ with all its attendant horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to ‘unsex’ themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection.”

Now read this: The Liberal Wall of Hate ('toxic masculinity', 'rape culture', 'white privilege', etc.) - scroll down to "Men/Feminism" heading.

Yes, we know. Feminism, like communism and fascism, is defined by what it isn't, rather than what it is: 'NOT ALL FEMINISTS ARE LIKE THAT!'

Here's a quote from Booker T. Washington from 1911 (just as applicable to gender as it is to ethnicity): "I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public."

Why are you quoting Booker T Washington... he was a racists favourite black person because he advocated for waiting for rights which would have never came if people like WEB Dubois did not take an initiative. Granted he did teach well and helped establish the Tuskegee institute but that's not the point. Do you even understand the premise of feminism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Why are you quoting Booker T Washington... he was a racists favourite black person because he advocated for waiting for rights which would have never came if people like WEB Dubois did not take an initiative. Granted he did teach well and helped establish the Tuskegee institute but that's not the point. Do you even understand the premise of feminism?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I know nothing about feminism. Can you educate me please?
No, I know nothing about feminism. Can you educate me please?

Go read stuff yourself rather than apply other information from the civil right movement and of course outdated information before voicing an opinion on this issue
Read this:

And... people had very poor social attitudes in the 19th century. What's your point?

Are you going to present any anti-feminism arguement of your own or what? Nobody cares what someone who died over 100 years ago said.
Queen Victoria was far too po-faced to bother quoting. Give me Prince Phillip any day, there's a royal with a real wit.

This has got to be one of the worst examples of a Gish Gallop I've ever seen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending