The Student Room Group

how do you get full marks in 20 mark aqa sociology question a level sociology

i am really confuced
To get full marks, you need a perfect essay structure. You need 5 paragraphs in total for a 20 marker. First paragraph is your introduction, then your three points, then your conclusion. In your introduction, you must have a clear thesis and clearly state what you are going to argue,and you must also quote the item. The structure of your paragraphs are Point Evidence Explanation Analysis Link (PEEAL). State your point clearly. In your evidence, always include the sociologist's name and clearly explain their theory. In your analysis, you either include a counter-argument (for example counter functionalists with either Marxists or Feminists), or you can include a further different theory and explanation to support your point. If you're going to counter your point in your analysis, your analysis should always counter your point directly, do not include a random different theory that argues differently. Then you link back to the question. In your link, state your thesis again and explain briefly whether you think your point or criticism is stronger. For example, if your thesis argues 'Religion reinforces patriarchy' and your points are different theories of feminism on how it reinforces patriarchy, and your counter argument is Marxists saying it serves the ruling class, then in your link you explain why you think the feminist's point is stronger than the Marxists. Then in your conclusion, briefly summarise state which point you think is the strongest. Give your own opinion, and also, quote the item again here. Try to quote the item twice in a full 20 marker.
(edited 5 years ago)
get it written with any professional of that subject I did it once when i was desperate for the A+ grades
Reply 3
hey, I'm in year 12 regretting sociology due to the amount of work we missed. I'm worried as to how to remember all the possible 20 markers in the exam as we don't know what questions could come up. Any tips?
hey babe, as someone in the same situation as you i feel like doing revision posters ,making my own 20 marker questions ,past papers and going through examiner commentary really helps me to revise. during this summer holiday keep yourself as productive as possible. i'm currently going over the topics that was being 'taught' during those online lessons so i don't have gaps in my knowledge. it is kinda hard and stressful but we have to try i guess. you got this darlin x
Reply 5
Original post by username4006618
To get full marks, you need a perfect essay structure. You need 5 paragraphs in total for a 20 marker. First paragraph is your introduction, then your three points, then your conclusion. In your introduction, you must have a clear thesis and clearly state what you are going to argue,and you must also quote the item. The structure of your paragraphs are Point Evidence Explanation Analysis Link (PEEAL). State your point clearly. In your evidence, always include the sociologist's name and clearly explain their theory. In your analysis, you either include a counter-argument (for example counter functionalists with either Marxists or Feminists), or you can include a further different theory and explanation to support your point. If you're going to counter your point in your analysis, your analysis should always counter your point directly, do not include a random different theory that argues differently. Then you link back to the question. In your link, state your thesis again and explain briefly whether you think your point or criticism is stronger. For example, if your thesis argues 'Religion reinforces patriarchy' and your points are different theories of feminism on how it reinforces patriarchy, and your counter argument is Marxists saying it serves the ruling class, then in your link you explain why you think the feminist's point is stronger than the Marxists. Then in your conclusion, briefly summarise state which point you think is the strongest. Give your own opinion, and also, quote the item again here. Try to quote the item twice in a full 20 marker.

This was realy helpful, thank you. The only thing I'd add is that it is very important you remain impartial throughout the essay and giving 'your own opinion' can be misleading, its more just giving a summary of what the essay was about in the conclusion e.g. Both Marxists and functionalists make consistant and important arguments, but there are also criticisms for each view, from which, they could be lacking.
Reply 6
What are the writing frames you need to follow ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending