The Student Room Group

Can you get special consideration for TSA exam?

Before sitting the TSA, I'll have already sat 6+ HOURS worth of my final IB exams immediately before on the same day. :frown::frown:

I know there's no alternative but to sit it then and I just need to just suck it up, but would you recommend emailing the college and letting them know? (bc it's inevitable that the final exams are going to drain me completely and impact my performance)

Or do you think if I did that, they'd think I'm just making excuses and disregard my application all together?

This whole situation sucks but I know how important a high TSA score is for securing an interview for E&M so idkkkkkkkkk
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by karpenoktem
Before sitting the TSA, I'll have already sat 6+ HOURS worth of my final IB exams immediately before on the same day. :frown::frown:

I know there's no alternative but to sit it then and I just need to just suck it up, but would you recommend emailing the college and letting them know? (bc it's inevitable that the final exams are going to drain me completely and impact my performance)

Or do you think if I did that, they'd think I'm just making excuses and disregard my application all together?

This whole situation sucks but I know how important a high TSA score is for securing an interview for E&M so idkkkkkkkkk

Our advice is for your school to contact Admissions Testing Service and ask if you can have a rest break before taking the TSA - although this would involve putting you in quarantine and so may not be feasible.

We would also advise that your school write to both Admissions Testing service and the college applied for documenting your circumstances.
Reply 2
I really appreciate the advice- I will ask a staff member to email the college to inform them.

Also, I think I am scheduled to have a 30 minute supervised break before my last paper and the start of the TSA exam which I hope will be sufficient.

Thank you so much for your reply!
Reply 3
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Our advice is for your school to contact Admissions Testing Service and ask if you can have a rest break before taking the TSA - although this would involve putting you in quarantine and so may not be feasible.

We would also advise that your school write to both Admissions Testing service and the college applied for documenting your circumstances.

Hi, to follow up with this situation: I emailed a member of the admissions department with my situation but he was out of office for approximately a week after (I received an automated response informing me of this). I didn't hear a reply, so should I assume that the department was notified of my situation or should I send a follow up in case it was buried under all the other emails from that period of time?

I hope this isn't all too pedantic, but I am slightly worried that this could reduce my (already slim) chances of an interview. Would you recommend sending another email?
Thank you!
Original post by karpenoktem
Hi, to follow up with this situation: I emailed a member of the admissions department with my situation but he was out of office for approximately a week after (I received an automated response informing me of this). I didn't hear a reply, so should I assume that the department was notified of my situation or should I send a follow up in case it was buried under all the other emails from that period of time?

I hope this isn't all too pedantic, but I am slightly worried that this could reduce my (already slim) chances of an interview. Would you recommend sending another email?
Thank you!

In your position, we would send a follow-up email since there is no downside to doing so and it will help bring peace of mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending