The Student Room Group

Lost alot of time since i cant screenshot, do i get special consideration?

For our computing exam paper 1, we had the code in the virtual machine and we had to screenshot the piece of code and paste it in, but we didnt have snipping tool since the school removed it, meaning that i had to take multiple screenshot for a valid screenshot to be taken as i had to click on the background of the PC and then take a screenshot and then i had to crop it, with an very old version of word i was unable to crop some of them and the other parts took sooo much time like 30 minutes went to cropping images, so i ran out of time as well as everyone in my class ? What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by zac777
For our computing exam paper 1, we had the code in the virtual machine and we had to screenshot the piece of code and paste it in, but we didnt have snipping tool since the school removed it, meaning that i had to take multiple screenshot for a valid screenshot to be taken as i had to click on the background of the PC and then take a screenshot and then i had to crop it, with an very old version of word i was unable to crop some of them and the other parts took sooo much time like 30 minutes went to cropping images, so i ran out of time as well as everyone in my class ? What should I do?

let your school know and they can tell the exam board and see if its a valid reason for consideration
Reply 2
Original post by blahbllah
let your school know and they can tell the exam board and see if its a valid reason for consideration

The problem is there was a fire alarm, so they said we will get it anyways. Should i still ask??
Reply 3
Original post by zac777
The problem is there was a fire alarm, so they said we will get it anyways. Should i still ask??

thats so so unlucky omg, but yeh u need to tell them u might aswell. ppl in my school have complained about invigilators chatting and distracting them so literally u can try get special consideration for anything.
Reply 4
thats so so unlucky omg, but yeh u need to tell them u might aswell. ppl in my school have complained about invigilators chatting and distracting them so literally u can try get special consideration for anything.

You can't get special consideration for 'anything' ...
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
You can't get special consideration for 'anything' ...

u can.... imagine u have a medical incident in the middle of a paper, u get it. If theres been any sort of malpractice from invigilators u can get it like not getting enough time or getting given the wrong papers/data sheets. I could go on. As long has u can prove its put u at a disadvantage compared to other students they can give ur score a percentage adjustment if they agree. I think having the wrong computer software that this thread is talking about is a valid call for special consideration and theres no harm in trying even if its unsuccessful
Reply 6
u can.... imagine u have a medical incident in the middle of a paper, u get it. If theres been any sort of malpractice from invigilators u can get it like not getting enough time or getting given the wrong papers/data sheets. I could go on. As long has u can prove its put u at a disadvantage compared to other students they can give ur score a percentage adjustment if they agree. I think having the wrong computer software that this thread is talking about is a valid call for special consideration and theres no harm in trying even if its unsuccessful

I'm a teacher - half the posts asking about this live in fairyland -

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending