The Student Room Group

Special Consideration

Hi

Please can someone help me who as been given special consideration on exams could you see this clearly on your results sheet

Is there your normal grade and then your lifed grade?
Original post by Anniuk
Hi

Please can someone help me who as been given special consideration on exams could you see this clearly on your results sheet

Special consideration isn't recorded on your results sheet. The score you achieved on the impacted papers is adjusted upwards (by between 1% and 5%, depending on severity of the situation). Then the grade is assigned. That's the grade you see on your results sheet.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Special consideration isn't recorded on your results sheet. The score you achieved on the impacted papers is adjusted upwards (by between 1% and 5%, depending on severity of the situation). Then the grade is assigned. That's the grade you see on your results sheet.

But how do you know this as been applied without any conformation. We was told it had been granted but would not know by what untill we got the results
Original post by Anniuk
But how do you know this as been applied without any conformation. We was told it had been granted but would not know by what untill we got the results

Your exam centre (typically your school) can check on your behalf. The exact process will depend on the exam board.

For example, Pearson/Edexcel detail the procedure here ("How can I check whether Special Consideration has been applied to a learners grade?"). It allows the exam centre (school) to access a document like the one below, which contains SPEC CON note in the right-hand margin if applicable.

Reply 4
Ooh we didn't get nothing like like butbits AQA and school say they cant see or.tell me what had been applied
Original post by Anniuk
Ooh we didn't get nothing like like butbits AQA and school say they cant see or.tell me what had been applied

Unfortunately, AQA don't have anything like the technical sophistication of the other exam boards. I suggest that you ask your school to contact their Exams Officer Services team at [email protected] and ask for confirmation that special consideration was applied.

Although e-mail is clearly a fairly antiquated way of handling this, I've found the EOS team to be quick to respond to e-mails.
Original post by Anniuk
Hi

I received special consideration for some missed exams , it doesn’t show on my exam sheet at all and just looks as if i took the paper as normal.
Reply 7
Original post by DataVenia
Unfortunately, AQA don't have anything like the technical sophistication of the other exam boards. I suggest that you ask your school to contact their Exams Officer Services team at [email protected] and ask for confirmation that special consideration was applied.

Although e-mail is clearly a fairly antiquated way of handling this, I've found the EOS team to be quick to respond to e-mails.

Thankyou

Yeah school arnt helping i have emailed AQA and ask for proof stating what special consideration was granted.

I need to double check as she was 3 mark of a 6 in History which she needs to do.A.level History

Quick Reply

Latest