The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by myca14
Hi there, it was in Design & Manufacture. Not one of the subjects I continued at Higher, nor a required subject, so I hope it won't look too bad.

And thanks for the input :smile:

That should be fine!
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Candidate6
Nope, and my interview was about three weeks ago, but we were told that we usually have to wait about a month soo. Let us know when anyone receives an offer!

Was your interview on the 24th ?
Just had my imperial interview!

I applied for geology, so if anyone has any questions about the interview feel free to message me :smile:

Applied for: Geology BSc
GCSEs: 10A*s 1A
A levels: Maths, further maths, physics, chemistry
Predicted grades: 4A*s
Original post by Avcs132

Extra Curricular Stuff:
Work Shadowing at an analytical lab at Sigma Pharmaceuticals. Part of the school's representative basketball team. Volunteered at the RSPCA and a Hospital for around 6 weeks over summer. (Extra reading doesn't count, does it?)

Extra reading is definitely something you can talk about on your personal statement though to show that you are interested in your subject. You can also read up on the latest issues relating to chemistry both in the news and in new scientist magazine. :smile:
Hi, I'm a portuguese student!
subject: Physics with Theoretical Physics at Imperial (I have an interview on the 24th of november)

in Portugal grades are from 0 to 20 and I have 19 in physics, chemistry and philosophy, 18 in maths, 17 in english and 16 in portuguese, biology and geology.
My predicted grades are: 19 in maths and physics, 18 in programming and 16 in portuguese (in the last year we only have 4 subjects and 2 of them have to be portuguese and maths).

Extracurricular: 4 advanced courses in astrophysics (12hours each) from the Lisbon Astronomical Observatory;
ESO Astronomy Camp 2015 with full bursary
AstroCamp 2016 (extremely demanding camp 2 weeks long, with computational projects, scientific essays and 2 exams at the end)
Summer Camp "100 years of General Relativity" at the maths department of Instituto Superior Técnico (best portuguese uni for engineering and physics)
4th place at the national phase of the Astronomy Olympiads (and this year I intend to go to the internationals)
I also play the violin since I was 5, I spend time going to lectures and seminars of physcis in the Lisbon University and I love to read (i read a lot :tongue:)

Yesterday I received a rejection letter from cambridge, i didn't get an interview for mathematics with physics :frown: so, do you think i have a chance at imperial?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QS2Nabz
Was your interview on the 24th ?

Nah the 27th, I rounded up haha
Just got an offer for pure maths from imperial! I'm so so so dead- my personal statement was for maths and philosophy so I wasn't too expectant. Screaming right now
Reply 627
Original post by QueenOfCaffeine
Just got an offer for pure maths from imperial! I'm so so so dead- my personal statement was for maths and philosophy so I wasn't too expectant. Screaming right now

Congratulation !!! Did they arrange interview with you before sending off the offer or they just send thru the offer direct via UCAS without any interviews ? Thanks.
What is your expected MAT score if you dont mind me asking? Im also a math applicant to Imperial
Original post by QueenOfCaffeine

What is your expected MAT score if you dont mind me asking? Im also a math applicant to Imperial

Original post by ML8020
Just received an offer for Imperial Chem Eng following the interview on 26/10!
One of the earliest Imperial offers on TSR I guess:wink:

I have interview next week for chem eng
Did u find the interview hard
Did they give lot of technical ques

Im soo panicked right now
Original post by Angeltiger59
I have interview next week for chem eng
Did u find the interview hard
Did they give lot of technical ques

Im soo panicked right now

The interview wasn't too hard
It started with a few general questions on PS, why Chem Eng, future ambitions etc which you probably will be well prepared for them.

Then the academical ones came in, I have been asked 2 Maths and 1 Chemistry questions. They were all AS/Start of A2 Level questions so they should be fine. I was lucky enough to get them all correct at first attempt.

Finally the hard bit arrived, the interviewer asked an estimation(GUESStimation) question at the very end which I have absolutely no clue about it. I ended up making up loads of rubbish for my answer haha.

Fortunately two weeks after that I did receive my offer for Imperial Chem Eng so I guess my interview was alright in general (apart from the estimation question maybe).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MANHO
Congratulation !!! Did they arrange interview with you before sending off the offer or they just send thru the offer direct via UCAS without any interviews ? Thanks.

thank you so much! Nope, I had no interview at all, the first correspondance I had from imperial was when I got an e-mail telling me to log in to my UCAS Track account and saw the conditional offer there :smile:
Original post by danielhx

heyaaaaa i honestly haven't a notion. My maths teacher couldn't do any of the MAT questions so I couldn't even really guesstimate. I was kind of thinking 40s pessimistically, 70s opptimistically so maybe high 50s or low 60s? Couldn't give you an exact guess though, I apologise. What score are you hoping for? :smile:
Original post by ML8020
The interview wasn't too hard
It started with a few general questions on PS, why Chem Eng, future ambitions etc which you probably will be well prepared for them.

Then the academical ones came in, I have been asked 2 Maths and 1 Chemistry questions. They were all AS/Start of A2 Level questions so they should be fine. I was lucky enough to get them all correct at first attempt.

Finally the hard bit arrived, the interviewer asked an estimation(GUESStimation) question at the very end which I have absolutely no clue about it. I ended up making up loads of rubbish for my answer haha.

Fortunately two weeks after that I did receive my offer for Imperial Chem Eng so I guess my interview was alright in general (apart from the estimation question maybe).

Thx
Congrats
I have an offer for biological sciences with Management at Imperial
Original post by itsfrank

Congrats! When did the offer come in?
Original post by itsfrank

what are your predicted grades for a2?
Original post by Roxxstar
Congrats! When did the offer come in?

4 days ago