The Student Room Group

Would it be messed up if I ordered delivery takeaway during a storm

Yes, no...?

Like rain or snow or hail. Or heatwave even.

I've done if before, it was raining buckets, and one of them actually said to me, "you know, you really shouldn't ask for delivery at a time like this." I simply tell him, "well it's your job." This was recently as well...and I want delivery from them again and I might get him again :rofl:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do it do it do it!
Reply 2
Just hope he doesn't drop your pizza...
This title made me laugh hahaha...

Something else you could do is order a delivery at night, turn the lights off, open your windows and play haunted house music really loudly from inside...:biggrin:
Original post by AshEntropy
Do it do it do it!

:rofl: but would yyyou do it? Like is it well rude, I dunno...

Original post by UWS
Just hope he doesn't drop your pizza...

if he does I'm ringing them up for a new one, then he'd have to come back AGAIN :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by 0to100

if he does I'm ringing them up for a new one, then he'd have to come back AGAIN :smile:

3 second rule. Hope you like soggy pizza :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by 0to100
:rofl: but would yyyou do it? Like is it well rude, I dunno..

Of course I would :redface: It's their job to do it.. builders have to work in the rain, postmen have to work in the rain.. it's no different :smile: And, you're giving them a job to do so they are earning money?
They might delay your delivery..?
He might spit in ur food
Original post by honour
They might delay your delivery..?

no it's about the "ethics" of the situation, his safety coming out during a storm. Apparently the last time I rang up for delivery he said I was being inconsiderate basically. Idk things are rude until someone tells me.
No small print about not delivering during storms
Part of the job
Of course I would :redface: It's their job to do it.. builders have to work in the rain, postmen have to work in the rain.. it's no different :smile: And, you're giving them a job to do so they are earning money?

Yea that's true that's what I told him and that's what I feel, but apparently I'm a bad guy having done it.
And it's a small family run chippy so they have the same staff all the time and I high chance will get him again, can you imagine that conversation we'll have at the door XD
Reply 12
Original post by 0to100
Yea that's true that's what I told him and that's what I feel, but apparently I'm a bad guy having done it.
And it's a small family run chippy so they have the same staff all the time and I high chance will get him again, can you imagine that conversation we'll have at the door XD

It would be pretty funny, though you might get an earful :tongue:

Original post by UWS
3 second rule. Hope you like soggy pizza :tongue:

all my cheese will be stuck to the ground though :\
:biggrin:

that's true but it's hilariously inconsiderate now that I think about what I've done :toofunny:
Not very considerate.
He don't even have a car, he uses a bike/scooter...just throwin that in there :teehee:
Original post by 0to100
no it's about the "ethics" of the situation, his safety coming out during a storm. Apparently the last time I rang up for delivery he said I was being inconsiderate basically. Idk things are rude until someone tells me.

Well, maybe you could tip the delivery man next time :smile:
Original post by 0to100
:biggrin:

that's true but it's hilariously inconsiderate now that I think about what I've done :toofunny:

Probably. If i was the delivery guy, I'd spit in your food or something :colone:
Unless you gave me a good tip :wink:
It would be pretty funny, though you might get an earful :tongue:

:toofunny:

but its nice weather now so he better be nice
I'm just worried he'll do unsanitary stuff to my food since he hates me now

Quick Reply

Latest