Christmas carol
Reply 1
yh im fine to mark it because we did christmas carol too waht question is it
Original post by Michal M
Christmas carol

sure.
Original post by Michal M
Christmas carol

probably makes me sound dumb, but chatgpt marks exam essays really well, for gcses I typed my entire answer in chatgpt and asked it to mark it and give me a mark out of 30 with exam board etc, it gave me 22 and my teacher gave me 23 so pretty accurate and gives you good feedback, btw did this 3 times worked accurately all 3 times
Reply 4
Original post by aamina m
yh im fine to mark it because we did christmas carol too waht question is it

Sorry can you do my poetry too??

Both poems, Ozymandias and Storm on the Island, exhibit the power of nature as beyond and superior to human evaluation. However Ozymandias reinforces the fragility of human power against nature whereas storm on the island accepts the superiority of the power of nature against humans.
Unlike Heaney who explored the ignorance of the people towards their attitudes on power, Shelley highlights the limit of human power and how fleeting it can be when misused. Ozymandias’ prized statue is described and “half sunk” with “shattered visage lies.” He later claims to be “Ozymandias”, the “king of kings.” The use of the phrase “king of kings” could highlight the tyrannical leader’s egoistical nature which would be blasphemous towards God as he is the one and only sole “king.” The statue is initially said to be “half sunk” and the utilisation of the phrase “half” rely only being partially full and partially empty further emphasising nature’s toll is gradually overthrowing his idol of a statue which has a “visage”, a face, of “lies” on it. After Ozymandias’ proclaim, the concept of his ego and “colossal wreck” are then “boundless and “levels of sand stretch away.” This sibilance here creates a sinister tone which could reinforce how the blasphemy statue has been wreathed by not only the wrath of God but also the brutal and superior power of nature which has concealed Ozymandias’ lies. This would overall, potentially, establish the idea that egoistical power can be snatched away when taken advantage of which, similarly to storm on the island shows that the power of nature would ephemerally overpower human power.
Ostensibly, Heaney, unlike Shelley, presents the attitudes of the islanders, towards the power of nature as covenanting win the superiority of it: They are accepting the defeat of a losing battle. This idea is first introduced in the opening line of the one and only stanza, “We are prepared.” The arrogance in their declaration could, on one hand show that the Ireland islanders are too overconfident and bold in their ability to overpower the storm which symbolises nature. However, alternatively reinforces their unnoticed fear and terror of the storm as they have adapted their lifestyle to resisting the power of nature when their “houses are built” in “sink walls” in “rock.” The half rhyme scheme between “houses squat” and “good slate” in the beginning and the “empty air” and the “huge nothing we fear” at the end creates a cyclical structure connecting preparation of the storm at the start to the fear of the storm’s power at the end. This structure shows the persistency of the islanders as we know storms will continuously occur and they will need to endure and accept the cycle of preparation, impact and fear of nature. The power of nature will forever be superior, due to the fundamental insufficiency of human power which highlights that no matter what humans do there is always a change that power will overthrow it. These islanders have proved this by accepting defeat and just preparing to survive the storm and power of nature. This is different and juxtaposes Ozymandias which challenges this.
Both poems accentuate the power of nature as domineering and quite intimidating. In storm of the island and Ozymandias. There is no consistent rhyme scheme followed which would control the flow and organisation of the stanza and poem. However, a lack of this would reflect his order cannot be enforced upon nature and how omnipotent it is that there is no way for humans to take control of it. This juxtaposes a rhyme scheme that is controlled and intentional by humans. In storm on the island, the use of sibilance in “spits, savage, space” and “salvo” would create a rather sinister tone at the end of the stanza and poem to further indicate that when up against nature there is no soporific ending but an ominous one to also show that nature can be simultaneously beautiful and vicious. In Ozymandias, the statue goes from “two vast” and “trunkless legs of stone” to a “colossal wreck” which is “boundless and bare.” The colts here goes from “mighty” and enormous to a weakened and destroyed statue the is concealed by the power of nature. This highlights as the statue was once night and is now buried, power of humans will gradually “decays” the same way the body of an animal decays back into the soil. As nature has always been around and humans have had multiple leaders, this reinforces that human power is temporal and fragile in comparison to the ephemeral nature. This would act as a deterrence to future leaders not only in the past but now to highlight that power will eventually start waning with time and that it mustn’t be abused because it will not always be there as a form of protection.
Reply 5
Can I have a score out of 30

Quick Reply

Latest