The Student Room Group

Department for Education - Graduate Development Programme - Executive Officer

Has anyone else applied for this? I've not been able to find another thread about it. From what I can tell this seems to be the first year they are doing a graduate programme so looks like it could be interesting.

I was just wondering how other people found the tests and how well they did? My feedback said I did better than 84% of people who previously took the test, so I am hoping that is enough to get me through to interview. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by warratz10
Did this too. Got better than 74%. Do you know if an interview is the next stage or is there another stage?

I'm pretty sure the interview is the next stage. The job advert says interviews will commence week beginning November 21st, so they surely can't have time to fit another stage in. Also the start date is supposed to be January. Looks like the recruitment process may not be too long winded
Original post by Marath
I'm pretty sure the interview is the next stage. The job advert says interviews will commence week beginning November 21st, so they surely can't have time to fit another stage in. Also the start date is supposed to be January. Looks like the recruitment process may not be too long winded

Have you heard back yet?
They said the would be doing the sifting process this week and interviews should be next week
Reply 3
Original post by warratz10
Have you heard back yet?
They said the would be doing the sifting process this week and interviews should be next week

I've not heard anything back. I doubt they will be able to do interview next week now as there simply is not enough time to give people adequate notice.
Has anyone heard anything? I emailed to ask what was happening with the interviews given they were supposed to be this week but no response. My test results said I'd done better that 93% of applicants at the time so was really hoping to be interviewed :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by willkerrick
Has anyone heard anything? I emailed to ask what was happening with the interviews given they were supposed to be this week but no response. My test results said I'd done better that 93% of applicants at the time so was really hoping to be interviewed :frown:

I'm still waiting. I'm assuming they are running behind, or maybe they had more applications than expected?
Reply 6
I just checked my csr portal and I have been given a grade of 4 for my competencies at sift. I haven't received an email or anything. My application still says being reviewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Marlea88
I just checked my csr portal and I have been given a grade of 4 for my competencies at sift. I haven't received an email or anything. My application still says being reviewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just checked mine, I also got 4 for 2 of my competencies but nothing is showing for the rest. I have no idea what sort of meaning I can take from this......
Reply 8
I emailed Monday asking for an update on time frame. No response as of yet. I dislike this waiting
Reply 9
This appears to be a pattern with civil service applications, I applied to a post in August, got an interview in October, still waiting on an outcome and it's now December. Hang in there :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
This appears to be a pattern with civil service applications, I applied to a post in August, got an interview in October, still waiting on an outcome and it's now December. Hang in there :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already work for the civil service. The time between my application and actually getting the job was 6 month. 2 months of that was me being told I had the job and just waiting for a start date. I was more hopeful for this recruitment as the job advert had a set timescale. Oh well, it will all be worth it if I actually end up getting the job :P
Reply 11
Just received an email that I have been successful at sift and that interviews will be held in January. The wait was worth it :P
Reply 12
Just checked my emails I got the same email! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Any feedback from anyone?
Reply 14
Original post by ar11adn
Any feedback from anyone?

What do you mean by feedback? I have received an email telling me I have an interview which will be in January, and I am just waiting to be given a date, time, and location for the interview.
Reply 15
Just received an email inviting me to book my interview but that the graduate development program is now full. This is so infuriating. They've kept me (and others) waiting for ages for an interview, and now before we even have an interview we are told that the role we want is no longer available. I am so incredibly annoyed.
Reply 16
If I go to the interview and that's a big if, it will only be for interview practice. I'm not overly excited by the roles on offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
If I go to the interview and that's a big if, it will only be for interview practice. I'm not overly excited by the roles on offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think HMRC did something like this recently where they had a lot of good applicants but not enough roles, so they interviewed them, and those that passed the standard were just put on a wait list while HMRC waited for roles at the appropriate level to become available. Some people were waiting on that list for around 9 months before being offered a job. Really not impressed that we didn't even get interviewed for the scheme after being told we had reached that standard.
same thing happened to me!!! are you still going for the interviews?
Reply 19
Original post by gabisargent
same thing happened to me!!! are you still going for the interviews?

Yeah I have had my interview. Was your standard Civil Service competency based interview. Now the nervous wait to find out if they are going to offer me a job, and what job it would actually be!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending