The Student Room Group

17 and 28

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

he's not on tsr lmao

I meant don't ask people on TSR because of how clueless most of them are.

this^^^ I don't have the intention of marrying this guy ffffffsfssffsfsfssss

Exactly it's just a bit of fun.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jess_12
Go for it. I would wait to have sex til you're 18 as otherwise he could get in **** for it as you're technically a child, and okay it may not work out as you're at different stages of life but so??? Most relationships are doomed to fail!! If it feels right, then nothing should stop you. You should be together or yo'll regret it. Even if it only lasts 6 months, at least you will not forever be wondering 'what if'. And I have a friend who got with her 41 year old boyfriend when she was 17. Now while I do definitely think that is WEIRD, they're still together a year later and are moving in together. So it can definitely work for you guys.

you can shag at 16 in the UK.
Probably not advisable. Personally I wouldn't go above a 5 year age gap. Psychologically, a 17 year old and a 28 year old are at very places.
Reply 23
Original post by ChickenMadness
you can shag at 16 in the UK.

Yes, but over 18s are not legally allowed to have sex with under 18s as they are still classed as children by law.
Not 100% sure, I'm taking a gap year

that's fine, I'm not hoping to get marriage out of this. If I get a good few months out of it, that's fineeeee

:colondollar: si

he's not on tsr lmao

weird, yes.

somebody rep this mathematician

My thanks to you my good fellow.
Original post by jess_12
Yes, but over 18s are not legally allowed to have sex with under 18s as they are still classed as children by law.

Damn. Evil government trying to ruin everyone's fun.
Original post by jess_12

no, they can actually. As long as both parties are over 16
Original post by jess_12

That's only if you are in a position of trust under the Sexual Offences Act 2000. Otherwise, the age of consent is the age of consent across the board.

The OP should do what she wants. 17-year-olds will want to exploit you, 28-year-olds will want to exploit you, and 108-year-olds will want to exploit you. If you're going to risk being exploited then risk it with someone you want to take the chance with, not someone that a group of random people arbitrarily decide is morally ok because of whatever cutoff date they decide.

No logical argument has any substance here. You're at different stages in your lives? So are lots of people. I'm a 34-year-old student, wouldn't make it wrong for me to see a 34-year-old professional who's settled in life because we're at 'different life stages'? Or any less weird by my own personal standards to date a 16-year-old college student? But that's me that considers that a stretch age gap wise, for someone else it could be fine.

As for 'they're more experienced and can take advantage'. Well, I'm physically stronger than a girl so can take advantage, doesn't mean I do. Like I said another 17 year old can also take advantage if they're only after one thing.

Do what you want and sod other people's prudish views and be cautious no matter how young or old they are, guys are tools.
Original post by jess_12

Unless you're in a position of official responsibility, such as a school teacher this is not true.
Reply 29

:colondollar: si

Why is it never the other way around. :colonhash:
Original post by Josb
Why is it never the other way around. :colonhash:

I don't know :K:
Live your life - but be safe.
I don't know :K:

Spanish or Italian?
Why would a 28 year old want a 17 year old who's no where near as mature
Add both of your ages together, then divide by two.

Now you have a new number.
Whatever makes you happy. It's only an issue if you both want different things. But that's true where there's a much smaller age gap.

But isn't that what relationships are about? That's kind of what the point of a relationship is... to be together, learn about eachother, stand by eachother's side and potentially do that for the rest of your life...
Original post by jay2013
Live your life - but be safe.

haha okay

Original post by elmosandy
Spanish or Italian?

Neither :tongue:

Original post by indigofox
Why would a 28 year old want a 17 year old who's no where near as mature

because I'm awesome, duhhh :colonhash:

Original post by ChickenMadness
Add both of your ages together, then divide by two.

Now you have a new number.

no way!?!??!!!!!

But isn't that what relationships are about? That's kind of what the point of a relationship is... to be together, learn about eachother, stand by eachother's side and potentially do that for the rest of your life...

I don't know how to explain it but i don't get with people having the intention of marriage etc. if we do get married great, if we don't then I hope it was fun and I got something out of it

Right now, I don't want marriage at all! neither does he, so it's cool I guess
No... Just no...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending