The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by RealLifeEducator
Quite a few people got interviews after Christmas

To my knowledge no-one has gotten an interview yet from TSR from after Christmas..
Original post by RealLifeEducator
Quite a few people got interviews after Christmas

Maybe people who hadn't checked earlier, but the office was closed from before christmas up until the beginning of this week...
Reply 702
Original post by Mimihxx04
Has anyone got their article sent yet?

I have a link to an article at the bottom of my interview offer on the portal, and I assume it's the one I'll be interviewed on. I didn't receive an email telling me it was there, so maybe it's worth checking? My interview's on the 26th and it's been there for at least a couple of days if not longer.
Original post by evapiva
I have a link to an article at the bottom of my interview offer on the portal, and I assume it's the one I'll be interviewed on. I didn't receive an email telling me it was there, so maybe it's worth checking? My interview's on the 26th and it's been there for at least a couple of days if not longer.

I just checked mine, and I had an article attached too but received no email. Kinda annoying as I could've known and had a look a bit earlier!
Reply 704
I have an interview on the 8th Feb but I have just checked the portal and I dont have the article (I got my interview before Christmas for anyone wondering.)
Original post by adamdaniell
Maybe people who hadn't checked earlier, but the office was closed from before christmas up until the beginning of this week...

Yea I do agree with you. Before Christmas the admission did say that there are more to be sent off but I guess they didn't send it out! Even until now!
Original post by minya1
I have an interview on the 8th Feb but I have just checked the portal and I dont have the article (I got my interview before Christmas for anyone wondering.)

My interview is on the 9th Feb, but I already received the article but not the email.
Reply 707
When did you get an article? Mine is on the 9th Feb. I got one sent to me but don't know how long before? would have had more time to look at it if I was given a warning via email or something lols
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm confused as to why we are all receiving articles. My interview is over a month away, not two weeks! Do you think it's best someone rings the admissions when they open again Monday to see if this is correct? We don't want to prepare for an article that may not be the one we are meant to have. It's likely the articles we got are the ones we are going to be using but if so why did Bart's say they would get sent two weeks before if that isn't true?
Original post by FKAsamuel
I'm confused as to why we are all receiving articles. My interview is over a month away, not two weeks! Do you think it's best someone rings the admissions when they open again Monday to see if this is correct? We don't want to prepare for an article that may not be the one we are meant to have. It's likely the articles we got are the ones we are going to be using but if so why did Bart's say they would get sent two weeks before if that isn't true?

You should probably delete your later post just in case 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKAsamuel

I'm beginning to wonder if the office may be a bit chaotic. ;p people have also received widely different info about how many interviews there are left still to go out. The one thing that does seem to be consistent is that the person mostly responsible for interviews is away until next week - could be that no-one else really knows the score, and that's also why the PDFs have been sent out with no regard for date (someone else, who doesn't know the system, may have made a mistake). I would definitely call next week and ask to talk to the person responsible for arranging interviews/sending out documents.
Reply 711
My interview is on the 8th Feb and I haven't received an article yet...
Reply 712
Original post by Mimihxx04
I just checked mine, and I had an article attached too but received no email. Kinda annoying as I could've known and had a look a bit earlier!

it is really annoying. It doesn't even say when it was posted on the portal, and I don't know anyone who applied to qmul for med
Original post by c10112
My interview is on the 8th Feb and I haven't received an article yet...

Mines the 7th and I have. Check your portal
Reply 714
Original post by JustThatStudent
Mines the 7th and I have. Check your portal

When did you get the article?
Reply 715
Original post by adamdaniell
I'm beginning to wonder if the office may be a bit chaotic. ;p people have also received widely different info about how many interviews there are left still to go out. The one thing that does seem to be consistent is that the person mostly responsible for interviews is away until next week - could be that no-one else really knows the score, and that's also why the PDFs have been sent out with no regard for date (someone else, who doesn't know the system, may have made a mistake). I would definitely call next week and ask to talk to the person responsible for arranging interviews/sending out documents.

when did you receive the article? just want to know when it was out? because I found out from a friend today thank god :smile:
Reply 716
Original post by mithi98
I received the article yesterday, so I was wondering if everyone was getting the same one or not.

do you check the mysis portal on a regular basis? so r u sure that it was sent out yesterday? so I haven't missed many days of potential preparation have I?
How is everyone preparing for interview?
Original post by 11...
do you check the mysis portal on a regular basis? so r u sure that it was sent out yesterday? so I haven't missed many days of potential preparation have I?

I don't think anyone should worry about preparation time at all. If you spend a good hour or two looking over the article and researching the topic, then spending a bit of time on it everyday between then and your interview I'm sure you will be fine. I have spoken to a Bart's applicant and they said you just have to show you have gone away, thought about the article and the issues that may surround the topic and then be able to talk about it at interview. I Wouldn't worry you will be fine!!! :smile:
Original post by mithi98
How is everyone preparing for interview?

I haven't started preparing for my Bart's interview but I have for my others. All my other 3 uni's are MMI so it's slightly different but I'm just reading articles, learning ethical principles and having an idea about what I'd say to certain questions. I would never write them out and rehearse them but I just think to myself 'Well how would I answer that' so if it did come up I wouldn't go blank as I know I have thought about it before. This way answers will come across more spontaneous yet still will seem thought out :smile: Hope this helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending