The Student Room Group

help me!! physics

so basically only recently i realised that i want to become a doctor.
i am now in year 11 and i take english lang, math, chemistry, biology, economics and stats. problem is i need to take physics which i stupidly chose economics over. so i plan to study physics after i do my igcses in june 2017 and do the physics igcse in june 2018.

then comes as/ a levels. i am thinking about taking three sciences and math in AS and then drop physics for A2.

since i am doing my physics igcse in year 12 will i be able to do the physics AS while i am doing my other a levels? is this possible???
I guess if you school is ok with it you should be fine as long as you can take up the work and you like the subject enough it should be fine
just wondering why do you need to take physics? I'm applying to medicine and i don't do it
Reply 2
Original post by CrystalSalvatore
I guess if you school is ok with it you should be fine as long as you can take up the work and you like the subject enough it should be fine
just wondering why do you need to take physics? I'm applying to medicine and i don't do it

i dont really like physics which is why i didnt take it in the first place but i think i would be able to do it since i finally have a goal/ a career i want to achieve.

some knowledge of physics will be needed in med school. basically unis are very competitive nowadays and having better qualifications will make me feel safer.

i know a guy that is very smart but med schools are not accepting him because he doesnt take physics in ib.
Original post by bush2001
i dont really like physics which is why i didnt take it in the first place but i think i would be able to do it since i finally have a goal/ a career i want to achieve.

some knowledge of physics will be needed in med school. basically unis are very competitive nowadays and having better qualifications will make me feel safer.

i know a guy that is very smart but med schools are not accepting him because he doesnt take physics in ib.

I have applied this year, i don't do physics but i have been called for an interview at 3 universities so far so i don't think physics is necessary
All they look for is chemistry (some unis don't even need biology )
maybe call up the unis you are interested in and ask because i don't think physics is necessary, however it may be helpful in the extra tests like the BMAT

Quick Reply

Latest