The Student Room Group

In love with my teacher? Please help!

Okay so I have this teacher. She's a 25 year old teacher of my favourite subject and I'm a 16 year old girl about to leave school. I've never experienced this before, and so if you know what is happening to me, id be hugely grateful!

I've been doing her subject for 2 years and a half, and I've always loved it! My teacher has always been one of my favourites as she's so kind and caring. Recently, I had been staying in her room every night after school to do schoolwork. She loved having me and we always had a laugh while getting a lot of work done. However, this just didn't seem enough to me.

It's weird, after a few weeks, I noticed I was staying later and later when I didn't even have any work to do. Once I realised this, I stopped staying after school straight away as I didn't want either of us to get into trouble. Every time I see her around school, we always say hi and have a laugh together! She has told me I am one of her favourites and she loves spending time with me - but not in a weird way!!

So anyways, when I'm not with her, I sometimes wish I was or I think about her without realising it. I don't feel they're romantic feelings, however I have no clue why she always seems to be on my mind. I find myself finding any excuse to go and see her, and I hate that!!

To be honest, before I started having these feelings, she had helped me IMMENSELY in my personal life and I overcame some huge issues thanks to her. So I'm hoping I'm just thinking about her because I'm grateful... but I just can't seem to get her off my mind. If any of you have any suggestions on why I think about her so much and why I want to be with her a lot, I'd be so grateful!! Thank you!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
it's quite normal to have a crush on one of your teachers. however you must not try and take it any further; it would just end badly for both of you.
Becayse you are an adolescent girl with feelings and somewhat confused. You appreciate the help she has given, her friendhsip and company. Its natural you should feel grateful, except youve developed a bit of a crush. It will wear off as long as you dont start dwelling on it and making it into a big thing. You are a child and a pupil. She is an adult with a career and would like to keep it that way. Speak to childline on 0800 1111 and they cna talk you through it. Nothing to worry about.
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
it's quite normal to have a crush on one of your teachers. however you must not try and take it any further; it would just end badly for both of you.

Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Becayse you are an adolescent girl with feelings and somewhat confused. You appreciate the help she has given, her friendhsip and company. Its natural you should feel grateful, except youve developed a bit of a crush. It will wear off as long as you dont start dwelling on it and making it into a big thing. You are a child and a pupil. She is an adult with a career and would like to keep it that way. Speak to childline on 0800 1111 and they cna talk you through it. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you!! You're right, I know she's an adult with a career and a personal life away from school. I just think about her quite a bit, and I wish I knew a way to stop it haha
Original post by Geekygirl07
Thank you!! You're right, I know she's an adult with a career and a personal life away from school. I just think about her quite a bit, and I wish I knew a way to stop it haha

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/51Y2HP7C2BBvdXwws56MMgp/fancying-your-teacher
What you're describing sounds healthy and valid, if you're sure that it has no romantic or sexual aspect to it. It's completely fine to have a very strong friendly connection with a teacher.
Reply 7
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
What you're describing sounds healthy and valid, if you're sure that it has no romantic or sexual aspect to it. It's completely fine to have a very strong friendly connection with a teacher.

Thank you! Yes, there's absolutely no romantic feelings with it. Thinking of her in a romantic way makes me feel sick haha, we have a very strong teacher/student friendship however I don't want it to turn into more. This is why I'm confused about thinking about her all the time etc! :frown:
you're both women?
I also love my teacher, but sad I could not do anything.

Did anyone else see the "Sex and Relationships" picture and think goatse?

If you don't know what I mean DO NOT try to find out.
Original post by davidpoku
you're both women?

Yes:smile:
Original post by A*A*A*man
I also love my teacher, but sad I could not do anything.

Oh, but best to do nothing about it. It's a professional relationship, nothing more
are u sure this is love but not some kind of mild infatuation?
I had a crush with two of my teachers:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest