The Student Room Group

Struggling

Hi, I'm really struggling with English Lit at the moment. I starter Year 12 with an A and now I'm getting a C/B. Can someone please give me advice????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmilyPhylis
Hi, I'm really struggling with English Lit at the moment. I starter Year 12 with an A and now I'm getting a C/B. Can someone please give me advice????

Hey, what are you struggling with in particular?
Reply 2
Hi, I think I'm struggling with essays the most. I think I've written a really good one and I get like a Band 3.
Hi, I think I'm struggling with essays the most. I think I've written a really good one and I get like a Band 3.

Do you think that is based of knowledge or structure? I'm getting A* in English Literature so if you wanted you could send me a photo of a snippet of your essay so I could see what you could work on?
What are books are you studying in English and what exam boards?
Reply 4
Original post by jilliams44
Do you think that is based of knowledge or structure? I'm getting A* in English Literature so if you wanted you could send me a photo of a snippet of your essay so I could see what you could work on?
What are books are you studying in English and what exam boards?

Omg yes please, that would really help! I'm studying Gatsby, Othello, Handmaids, Feminine Gospels, and Streetcar, with AQA.
Omg yes please, that would really help! I'm studying Gatsby, Othello, Handmaids, Feminine Gospels, and Streetcar, with AQA.

Woah! We are doing REALLY similar subjects. I'm doing AQA: Gatsby, Othello, Feminin Gospels, Handmaids and Top Girls, so that one play is the only difference.
This will be easier for me to help now cuz i know the books <3
Reply 6
Woah! We are doing REALLY similar subjects. I'm doing AQA: Gatsby, Othello, Feminin Gospels, Handmaids and Top Girls, so that one play is the only difference.
This will be easier for me to help now cuz i know the books <3

Literally so glad you replied fr. I did a Gatsby essay over Christmas that I haven't had marked or anything. I could send that one?
Literally so glad you replied fr. I did a Gatsby essay over Christmas that I haven't had marked or anything. I could send that one?

yeah of course!
Reply 8
yeah of course!

Sorry, I'm new to this. How do I add photos?
Sorry, I'm new to this. How do I add photos?

by bold and italics theres an insert image button
Reply 10

by bold and italics theres an insert image button

it says add a url but i’m dumb and don’t know how to do this
it says add a url but i’m dumb and don’t know how to do this

when you right click a photo you should be able to copy image address or something along those lines and i think that works
Reply 12
when you right click a photo you should be able to copy image address or something along those lines and i think that works

Reply 13

Its really long, you do not have to read it all. Thank you :smile:

Hey, I'm really soryy but it isn't allowing me to open it, is there a way you could send put it on onedrive and share it through a link? Sorry again
Reply 15
Hey, I'm really soryy but it isn't allowing me to open it, is there a way you could send put it on onedrive and share it through a link? Sorry again

Does this work instead????

I'm sorry I tried to open them but it said error. Is there anyway you could type a short paragraph? If not, here is my general advice for a paragraph.
For Gatsby you need A01,A02,A03,A04 and A05 the full lot.
I always start with an opening sentence which directly mentions the question. From there I embed my quote into a sentence. Then I normal do my first piece of A02, then a layered moment, then my second piece of A02. Normally I will weave A04 in here when necessary, and the same goes for A05. Finally I add my A03 and writers intention, this normally takes up a page of writing per paragraph but I have quite big writing.
Reply 17
Does this work instead????

IMG_7672.jpeg
IMG_7673.jpeg
IMG_7674.jpeg
IMG_7675.jpeg
IMG_7676.jpeg
Or this?????

oh it just worked!! I'll read it now give me two seconds
Reply 19

Drop the subject ASAP and leave full time education

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending