The Student Room Group

Acing photography

Hey, I was wondering what do you need to do to gain the best marks in GCSE photography coursework and exams? What are the most important things to focus on? And also, is the coursework done in Year Ten really relevant to the final grade?
Original post by sanibonani
Hey, I was wondering what do you need to do to gain the best marks in GCSE photography coursework and exams? What are the most important things to focus on? And also, is the coursework done in Year Ten really relevant to the final grade?

You need to reference to you theme and unit and annotate the majority of your photographs. Say what you don't like, do like, focal point, what is in the background, formal elements etc.. Here are some sentence starters/ questions

This is my photo of...in...at... Why did you choose to take it? How does it link to your project? The idea I wanted to explore...
The formal elements that makes this image work are...
View through
Close up / Detail/ filling the frame
Abstract
Viewpoint
Perspective
Light and shadow / Contrast
Multiple Images
Texture
Line
Repetition
Reflections
Colour
Because...
The focal point is... In the background...
How have u enchanted it?? I have manipulated it using Photoshop by... Because...
How to improve...

I'm year 11 and with the AQA board and your coursework is 60% of your actual GCSE so take it seriously but try not to over stress.
Reply 2
Original post by Jazzy4949
You need to reference to you theme and unit and annotate the majority of your photographs. Say what you don't like, do like, focal point, what is in the background, formal elements etc.. Here are some sentence starters/ questions

This is my photo of...in...at... Why did you choose to take it? How does it link to your project? The idea I wanted to explore...
The formal elements that makes this image work are...
View through
Close up / Detail/ filling the frame
Abstract
Viewpoint
Perspective
Light and shadow / Contrast
Multiple Images
Texture
Line
Repetition
Reflections
Colour
Because...
The focal point is... In the background...
How have u enchanted it?? I have manipulated it using Photoshop by... Because...
How to improve...

I'm year 11 and with the AQA board and your coursework is 60% of your actual GCSE so take it seriously but try not to over stress.

Thanks. I think im doing edexcel (9-1) so im not sure whats changed with the new course
Original post by sanibonani
Thanks. I think im doing edexcel (9-1) so im not sure whats changed with the new course

I'm on the AQA board but these are things to just think about in general and look at the specification for your subject, it may help
Reply 4
great, thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest