The Student Room Group

Photography work experience

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. For part of my university summer work I have been asked to do some photography work experience, now this isn't essential but I would to be able to add it to my CV. However, finding work experience for photography is very hard for me to do as I don't live near any camera shops or local photography places either. I also can't drive which makes it harder to find any experience. I was wondering if anyone knew any places around the UK. It's ok if not but any help would be much appreciated
Thank you
Original post by jbye2305
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. For part of my university summer work I have been asked to do some photography work experience, now this isn't essential but I would to be able to add it to my CV. However, finding work experience for photography is very hard for me to do as I don't live near any camera shops or local photography places either. I also can't drive which makes it harder to find any experience. I was wondering if anyone knew any places around the UK. It's ok if not but any help would be much appreciated
Thank you

Hello!

Have you thought about working for a local business and doing their social media? This would of course include a lot of photography work as part of that and I am sure lots of local places would bite your hand off for help with what they do!

If there's an area of photography you're specifically interested in, I would start there. E.g. if you're interested in photographing people, why not approach a clothes shop and photograph models in the clothes, if you're interested in food a local cafe etc.

Good luck and well done for being so proactive!

Jenny - a rep from Arts University Plymouth.

Quick Reply

Latest