The Student Room Group

How to get rid of generic dark circles?

I've tried every natural remedy. I'm a black girl with very very dark circles. It's black dark circles. And I literally look like a panda. I'm super insecure about it because I can't wear any other makeup without it looking incomplete. What shall I do? America do a lot of surgeries on it and they completely go but not the uk. What shall I do?
Reply 1
sleep
Original post by Foxab77
sleep

I do sleep?? And that won't magically get rid of genetic dark circles
Is it dark circles (as in the colouring of the skin) or hollowness? You can remove dark circles with cosmetic treatment, unfortunately "natural remedies" will not help. If you are suffering from genetic hollowness in the tear trough then filler can help. There is a newer Co2 treatment called carboxytherapy that treats the other type dark circles. Laser treatment can also help. All are non-surgical and can be found widely in the UK. I suggest you go and speak to an experienced cosmetic doctor.

Below is an example of dermal filler placed in the tear trough. Second image is carboxy therapy, can get similar results with laser too. Both images relate to different issues, the first is structural and second is to do with pigmentation.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by emerald7770
I do sleep?? And that won't magically get rid of genetic dark circles

sleep more
Original post by GUMI
sleep more

Sleep won't get rid of genetic tear trough hollowness or deeper pigmentation issues.
I don't have a solution but yeah I have a genetically dark circles under my eyes too. It's much darker under my right eye than my left which makes it quite noticeable but more sleep/water intake doesn't help at all. I just stick with using concealer if I want to hide it.

Tell me if anything helps
Original post by habeas.corpus
Is it dark circles (as in the colouring of the skin) or hollowness? You can remove dark circles with cosmetic treatment, unfortunately "natural remedies" will not help. If you are suffering from genetic hollowness in the tear trough then filler can help. There is a newer Co2 treatment called carboxytherapy that treats the other type dark circles. Laser treatment can also help. All are non-surgical and can be found widely in the UK. I suggest you go and speak to an experienced cosmetic doctor.

Below is an example of dermal filler placed in the tear trough. Second image is carboxy therapy, can get similar results with laser too. Both images relate to different issues, the first is structural and second is to do with pigmentation.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Hi sorry for the late reply!! Just colouration, extremely dark pigmentation on My eyelids and under eyes even under my lips
Hi sorry for the late reply!! Just colouration, extremely dark pigmentation on My eyelids and under eyes even under my lips

Your issue might be hyperpigmentation. You can visit a dermatologist privately and they can give you products to even out your skin tone.
Original post by habeas.corpus
Your issue might be hyperpigmentation. You can visit a dermatologist privately and they can give you products to even out your skin tone.

Really? For people with darker skin colour? I searched up dermatologists and they were just showing results on people with blue purplish veininish dark circles.
You might need to go to America then to have it fixed, if it really bothers you.
Original post by catinsomehat
You might need to go to America then to have it fixed, if it really bothers you.

Lol, I'll guess i'll just have to keep it like this then.
Lol, I'll guess i'll just have to keep it like this then.

You shouldn't settle. If it bothers you then fix it.
Original post by catinsomehat
You shouldn't settle. If it bothers you then fix it.

I really don't feel the need to travel that far just to get rid of dark circles. I can see where you're coming from though! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest