The Student Room Group

Envying new born cousins and just envying relations

I feel a bit of a evil person for thinking like this. My aunties are 5-7 years younger than my parents and got married late and had children recently one of them had a newborn girl born in June she has the most beautiful green eyes and none of us in our family has that apart from my one auntie with dark hazel eyes. I was the first girl in family and now there's the baby. I'm 20 btw so massive age gap old enough to ber mum tbf. But I sometimes feel like I have missed having cousins my age and I feel like everyone else in the family is lucky to be close in age gaps etc. I kind of feel out of the picture at times. Really selfish and weird feeling where I somehow feel like I have missed out.
I'm absolutely shocked how everyone in the family is obsessed with my baby nieces looks they are absolutely obsessed posting pics of her and her beautiful green eyes which is rare in the Indian families. Nobody has every commented on my looks just crazy how green eyes can make u the centre of attention.

Does anyone else feel being the older child in families just makes u feel a bit left out at times??
Yea it’s just the circle of life people naturally obsess over the young I guess there’s a natural protective instinct. You are better focusing on yourself and building new skills etc
Reply 2
Original post by Awaitingquavers
Yea it’s just the circle of life people naturally obsess over the young I guess there’s a natural protective instinct. You are better focusing on yourself and building new skills etc

Yeah that's true I love the kids to bits but I get slightly jealous especially as out parents are near enough the same age and had me when they were 19 so I'm much older than all the children

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending