The Student Room Group

A level options???

So I want to do math, physics, chemistry and english literature at a level, but lots of people are telling me that taking english isn't. Agood idea because science and english aren't really related and that I'm not going to be able to study at university because I have such a strange subject combination. Does anyone know if this is okay? Or what I may be able to do in the future studying these 4 at a level??
What do you want to study at uni?

Also I disagree - it's not a weird combination. If anything it widens your options and gives your A-Levels a variety of subjects, rather than being solely based on the sciences. As long as you like all the subjects you've picked, I see no problem with taking them.
Reply 2
Original post by cherryblossoming
What do you want to study at uni?

Also I disagree - it's not a weird combination. If anything it widens your options and gives your A-Levels a variety of subjects, rather than being solely based on the sciences. As long as you like all the subjects you've picked, I see no problem with taking them.

I'm not really sure yet!! Which is why I'm taking those subjects
Original post by chianca
I'm not really sure yet!! Which is why I'm taking those subjects

In that case I think it's a good set of options. Good luck!
Nah it's not unusual or anything though it'd be better if you do English literature for just AS level.
Reply 5
Original post by Fasih178
Nah it's not unusual or anything though it'd be better if you do English literature for just AS level.

Yes of course it's just that my mom is threatening to not send me to school if I don't do bio instead of English. I don't even enjoy bio and I'm not even good at it ://
Original post by chianca
Yes of course it's just that my mom is threatening to not send me to school if I don't do bio instead of English. I don't even enjoy bio and I'm not even good at it ://

Damn that's depressing. Try your best to convince your mom dude, otherwise you're gonna end up taking a subject you never had any interest in and a crap grade in it most likely.

Quick Reply

Latest