The Student Room Group

Anyone else been getting PMs from this persistent troll?

Since November last year, a certain person has been sending me private messages quite a lot, and has been continuing to do so even though I have expressed no interest in wanting to get to know them, especially since a rather inappropriate message was sent from them at the beginning of December.
This gentleman feels the need to make multiple accounts to message me , so I can never see the back of him.
The gentleman often puts "??" as the subject of the messages.
Has anybody else been receiving PMs from this gentleman, or am I being targeted?

Please share your experiences/advice below.

Scroll to see replies

I did once or twice, yes inappropriate but i didn't reply and added user to my ignore list.
Reply 2
Advice: Report the PM and add user to ignore list.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Advice: Report the PM and add to ignore list.

She said he keeps creating new accounts.
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Since November last year, a certain person has been sending me private messages quite a lot, and has been continuing to do so even though I have expressed no interest in wanting to get to know them, especially since a rather inappropriate message was sent from them at the beginning of December.
This gentleman feels the need to make multiple accounts to message me , so I can never see the back of him.
Has anybody else been receiving PMs from this gentleman, or am I being targeted?

Change your privacy settings so that only contacts can pm/vm you.
no
Original post by UWS
Advice: Report the PM and add user to ignore list.

How do you add someone to your ignore list?
Reply 8
Name name name!

I guess you can keep reporting them and not reply to PMs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Twinpeaks

Yes, this is the main problem :\ ^^^
Original post by jessyjellytot14
since november last year, a certain person has been sending me private messages quite a lot, and has been continuing to do so even though i have expressed no interest in wanting to get to know them, especially since a rather inappropriate message was sent from them at the beginning of december.
This gentleman feels the need to make multiple accounts to message me , so i can never see the back of him.
Has anybody else been receiving pms from this gentleman, or am i being targeted?

omg same i thought it was only me!!!
Reply 11
Original post by Twinpeaks

There's nothing else you can do I'm afraid. You can't track IPs and go down to their house and sort them out. Just report them and the CT will deal with it, that's the best you can do.
Original post by UWS
There's nothing else you can do I'm afraid.

She can change settings so only contacts can vm pm her?
Yes ftsoft
Made a thread about it :lol:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3933537

Asked me for nudes a few times. Just report the PMs and ignore list him. I've done that to about 20 of his dupes, over the space of a year.

EDIT: He's messaged lots of other TSR girls with the same stuff. So he's not targeting just a few
(edited 7 years ago)
I recognise the subject title of the troll you've mentioned. Put them on ignore list but I'd actually report the PMs and make a thread in AtCT and get them banned.
I've done this now! :smile:
Reply 16
What's the point if you're not going call him out by name
Reply 17
I don't think many people use the contacts feature on TSR. In fact in my 7 years here I only have 6 contacts. That would restrict anyone who might wanna PM them. It's not the best solution really :frown:
Original post by pepe12
What's the point if you're not going call him out by name

Why not? :tongue:

Vithusan22

velocity9000

CraigBackner

velocity105

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman

Also, it helps to remove the gender tag. That filters out the less dedicated ones.

Why don't I ever get thirsty trolls in my PMs? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest