The Student Room Group

A levels have been pain so far

I am in my first year. What has your experience been?
As a whole I'm really enjoying my experience being in Year 12 - I'm doing subjects I'm actually interested in and have been given more freedom as a whole :smile: Whether or not it will stay like this is debatable though lol
Reply 2
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
As a whole I'm really enjoying my experience being in Year 12 - I'm doing subjects I'm actually interested in and have been given more freedom as a whole :smile: Whether or not it will stay like this is debatable though lol

What grades did you get in your mocks?
Original post by England113
What grades did you get in your mocks?

Mine are in February, and I'm only doing an AS Level in one of my 4 subjects so they are treating the exams for the non-AS subjects as like a mid-term exam to see if we understand the topics clearly. The exam for the AS level subject is the only real "mock".
I have found them really good, I started off doing well and now I'm seeing progress which is giving me hope that I will be capable of getting the grades I want (A*A*A, A in an AS and A* in EPQ). I love all my subjects and find them really interesting.
Reply 5
Original post by rosie.mn
I have found them really good, I started off doing well and now I'm seeing progress which is giving me hope that I will be capable of getting the grad es I want (A*A*A, A in an AS and A* in EPQ). I love all my subjects and find them really interesting.

What subjects do you do?
The day I finish my A levels is the day that my mental health returns to normal
Reply 7
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh

same
Reply 8
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh

Yes
I am in my first year. What has your experience been?

it's been okay, i guess
idk, i just miss normal school a bit?

but there's some advantages to sixth form. more freedom ((:
but it's a lot more stressful...and i don't have as many ppl i know in my school that well
i miss my old classes
What subjects do you do?

History, English Literature, Philosophy, Politics and EPQ. Not going to lie though, despite my enjoyment, I am constantly stressed and usually anxious.
Reply 11
Original post by rosie.mn
History, English Literature, Philosophy, Politics and EPQ. Not going to lie though, despite my enjoyment, I am constantly stressed and usually anxious.

What books you study in English literature?
What books you study in English literature?

I do the Duchess of Malfi, A Streetcar Named Desire, Larkin&Duffy, Keats, The Tempest and Wide Sargasso Sea.
Lots of hard work and it is very competitive at my school. I feel like I have to continuously prove myself to my class mates and teachers, I feel like they all have so little faith in me.
You have just got to keep going and prove them all wrong.
I'm in yr 13 now but I remember loving AS! A new school environment, new people, teachers treating you different, the freedom, and of course doing subjects I enjoy! However, it was immensely stressful & tough, and thats only amplified greatly since starting A2 haha

Quick Reply

Latest