The Student Room Group

Pressures of modern society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Metal Gear
Based on this being a student forum where most people are middle class sheltered kids, it's a pretty good assumption.

It is poor assumptions. You cannot simply judge a person based on more assumptions in fact.
Original post by Willy Pete
It is poor assumptions. You cannot simply judge a person based on more assumptions in fact.

Regardless, my assumption turned out to be true, so my point stands.
Original post by Metal Gear
Based on this being a student forum where most people are middle class sheltered kids, it's a pretty good assumption.
there are people on here with difficult lives and lots of problems who turn to this site as an outlet, which it is good for! Not just medical students who're financed through life with not a care in the world.
Original post by Drewski
There's not feeling competitive towards other people and there's not engaging with them. They're two separate things.

Treat people as they generally are; disposable. Contrary to romantic popular opinion, there'll be very few people who stick with you for life, so if they don't care about you then you shouldn't care about them.

That's abit unhealthy don't you think? Treating people as disposable..
We should learn to give more and expect less but obviously if the person clearly doesn't care about you then I agree,bin them.
Reply 24
Original post by Little Popcorns
I can't cope.

How do you do it?

Social media, the news, everything I wanna blow it all up a take a forever retreat somewhere tranquil.

chill
Original post by K.C
chill

Always a one to help in my hour of need K.C where have you been for such a long time?

Did they try to make you go to rehab? No no no?
All of these things you could 'check out' of if you wanted to. Get rid of social media, don't listen to/watch the news, these are all things you can stop.

Past generations had no choice. You were obliged to follow social pressures to fit in normal society.

You sound like a talker, who never takes action.
Reply 27
Ignore it
Original post by Drewski
By not giving a flying ****.

My life is mine, nobody else's, and I don't care what anybody else does with theirs. I'm just getting on with my life as best I can, because as long as I'm happy, nothing else really matters.

When you realise that, everything clicks into place pretty well.

This guy definitely lifts.
Eventually I'll be dead and the details of my life will be of no consequence, that's why nothing ever bothers me.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
This guy definitely lifts.

I actually don't. Purely cardio.
Original post by richpanda
All of these things you could 'check out' of if you wanted to. Get rid of social media, don't listen to/watch the news, these are all things you can stop.

Past generations had no choice. You were obliged to follow social pressures to fit in normal society.

You sound like a talker, who never takes action.
I am a talker but I also take lots of action I just have a truck load of problems in my life atm
Original post by l'etranger
Eventually I'll be dead and the details of my life will be of no consequence, that's why nothing ever bothers me.
yeyyyyy

bet you're rich or comfortable, this is not something that someone who is struggling to get by would say
I am a talker but I also take lots of action I just have a truck load of problems in my life atm

Take action then. Delete your social media. Otherwise don't have the nerve to come on here and moan about something you could fairly obviously remedy.
yeyyyyy

bet you're rich or comfortable, this is not something that someone who is struggling to get by would say

Maybe, but I assure you I could live extremely simply if I had to.
Original post by richpanda
Take action then. Delete your social media. Otherwise don't have the nerve to come on here and moan about something you could fairly obviously remedy.
wow get out of my thread then. You do not know my life. Your words scream 'I'm privileged and have never had to struggle in my life yet I think I know what's best for people who have problems because the problems are alllllllways their own fault'. Not to mention your username.

Naive fool.

I am taking action every day thank you very much but it doesn't make the struggle less of a struggle. Everyone needs support and that's why I made this thread. Just to know I'm not the only one, because that's comforting. And if you don't care about being comforted when you're low then you're not human.
Maybe, but I assure you I could live extremely simply if I had to.
really? Report back when you have done
really? Report back when you have done

The fact I don't brag about hardships as if they're achievements says more about me than these kids who talk about how they've ''been through a lot'', unless you've faced literal sexual abuse or you grew up in rural Afghanistan, war-torn Syria or the like I don't care, nothing you can experience in this country is tough and if you cry above the age of 16 you need to buckle the **** up and grow some goddamn balls.
The fact I don't brag about hardships as if they're achievements says more about me than these kids who talk about how they've ''been through a lot'', unless you've faced literal sexual abuse or you grew up in rural Afghanistan, war-torn Syria or the like I don't care, nothing you can experience in this country is tough and if you cry above the age of 16 you need to buckle the **** up and grow some goddamn balls.

okay well we all will if we can borrow some money of your mummy and daddy too?
okay well we all will if we can borrow some money of your mummy and daddy too?

''Being poor is something to be proud of''

Quick Reply

Latest