The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL BSc Economics vs UCL BA Economics & Business with East European Studies

Hello everyone. I am currently an offer holder for UCL BA Economics and Business with East European Studies. I have not yet received an offer for BSc Economics; however, if I do, I am curious to know which of these two degrees has the best prospects for a career path in Economics. I am very troubled and confused in this matter as it is not clear to me the underlying differences a degree in of those will have on employee prospects. I am aware by the degree structure and TSR discussions that one is more conceptual and the other more math. I believe BSc would be the better choice as it includes math which is a more applicable trait in an economist and better for employers. What are your thoughts as this is a matter of great importance to me?
Original post by tolochuk
Hello everyone. I am currently an offer holder for UCL BA Economics and Business with East European Studies. I have not yet received an offer for BSc Economics; however, if I do, I am curious to know which of these two degrees has the best prospects for a career path in Economics. I am very troubled and confused in this matter as it is not clear to me the underlying differences a degree in of those will have on employee prospects. I am aware by the degree structure and TSR discussions that one is more conceptual and the other more math. I believe BSc would be the better choice as it includes math which is a more applicable trait in an economist and better for employers. What are your thoughts as this is a matter of great importance to me?

Im no expert but I'd go with bsc economics rather than ba with east euro study.

To me the plain economics degree is better as you will focus on it rather than wasting modules, and study energy on unnecessary things.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by tolochuk

Hi :smile: can you tell me when you received the offer for the BA Econ and Business with EES
Reply 3
Original post by Math12017
Hi :smile: can you tell me when you received the offer for the BA Econ and Business with EES

I received it right after the UCAS application deadline last week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Hey did you also apply and are you waiting for an offer? I applied in october and still haven't gotten a decision. Hope I'm not the only one.
Reply 5
Original post by dh1998
Hey did you also apply and are you waiting for an offer? I applied in october and still haven't gotten a decision. Hope I'm not the only one.

Yes, I applied but no offer yet :/ . Hope they make some decisions soon. Btw are you an international or UK student?
Reply 6
Yes, I applied but no offer yet :/ . Hope they make some decisions soon. Btw are you an international or UK student?

international you?
Reply 7
Original post by dh1998
international you?

EU applicant. I wish they make some decision soon because it has been a long time. Going through some threads from previous years they gave out some offers late January and early February so I think they will contact us soon. If you receive an offer please let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending