The Student Room Group

"I don't have enough time" is crap, yes you do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That'sGreat
14A*? What GCSEs did you take?

Maths, English language, literature, chemistry, biology, physics, geography, history, economics, computing, electronics, RS, French, German and the further maths certificate.
It's not just students. It amazes me how many people at work claim to be snowed under but really do **** all.
How did your school fit that into the timetable? Though electronics and economics are questionable imo
The reason why students say they "don't have time for cleaning" is because they prioritise their time over studying and other activities that the deem more important than cleaning.

They may say they don't have enough time to clean when they actually do clean.

Everyone does some form of cleaning. Whether it may be clearing the clutter off your desk or hoovering.
Original post by That'sGreat
How did your school fit that into the timetable? Though electronics and economics are questionable imo

Why are they questionable? I had some after school lessons and independent study.
Bit irrelevant, but does your mum know you blow random guys and give them a **** load of money? I wonder what she would think of that.
I'm glad for you that she at least trained you up to be organised and meticulous with your time.
Original post by Loopy91
Bit irrelevant, but does your mum know you blow random guys and give them a **** load of money? I wonder what she would think of that.
I'm glad for you that she at least trained you up to be organised and meticulous with your time.

Yes she does know, she doesn't care, she tells me to do what makes me happy. Time mamegment is a great skill, something many people on here seem to lack,
I didn't know Mary Sues existed on TSR...
Original post by Glassapple
Yes she does know, she doesn't care, she tells me to do what makes me happy. Time mamegment is a great skill, something many people on here seem to lack,

Do you suck and swallow?
Original post by Popsiclez
Do you suck and swallow?

Yes to both, why?
(edited 7 years ago)
Most people are very lazy.
the replies to this are brutal.... damn
Reply 92
Yes to both, why?

... !!!!!!

x

To put it in a nutshell and in short: everything what we need is a good organization of ourselves for our everyday life. Indeed, being planned faciliates to get an overview about important things, to do first things first and thus to have more time for leisure time.

Agree.
I have moved over from the disorganised to the more. Organised and still making improvements.

I have a lot of issues with the main stream consensus that you can only work 40 hours a week otherwise you become in effective or you can only work for 45 mins straight or etc it's nonsense.

Some people I know have worked 80 hour weeks and done just fine. In there past people used to work longer hours still. Not saying I want that but I know it's possible.

If you want something badly enough you will make it happen if you don't you won't.
Please tell that to my depression and executive dysfunction. :wink:
Unemployed and scrounging off your parents. So impressive!
Original post by midnightice
Unemployed and scrounging off your parents. So impressive!

I do go to school Monday to Friday and study, it's not like I don't do anything at all. It's probably more than the average student who has two or three lectures a week from 11 until 3 who doesn't turn up to half of them anyway, then wastes the rest of their time in bed or at the pub.
(edited 7 years ago)
No, no, you're missing the point. I got 3 early unconditional offers, including one to my first choice uni, based on academic excellence. I have a clean sweep of A*/A GCSEs. I work extremely hard on a daily basis just to be up to the same level, functionally, as these "average people"! But I know that if someone was watching my life, a la reality shows, they'd most likely see me flopping about everywhere, struggling to finish work in class, lying in bed inert for hours, etc. From the perspective of OP and other people I would be considered lazy and not working hard enough, which is something I have had to deal with on a number of occasions!

(Rather than viewing my depression as an excuse, I think it's actually a reasonable response. There are things I can't do because of my mental health, or at the very least things I can't justifiably manage within a reasonable timeframe. And that's realistic! I'm an overachiever with anxiety problems and I don't like hearing that I can't do things, but it's true that I can't do everything! And I probably will never be OP with their cardio and clean lifestyle. And that's fine, because as long as I'm chugging along I'm pretty content with my life.)

I think it's worth noting that more people have mental health issues than you might presume - I don't have statistics for the UK, unfortunately, but in America, 30% of uni students surveyed had strongly considered suicide, which even with leeway would suggest a much larger number of folks struggling than one might expect. Tl;dr: maybe people have things going on in their lives, and it's difficult to judge a person's work ethic and mental state simply from judging what you see them do.

My depression is a recurring thing that isn't going away any time soon! I've been on meds, I've gotten professional help, and I'm in a stronger place right now than I have been for a while. It's easier for me to deal with carrying on with my life right now, anyway. :biggrin: Sorry for the ramble!
I do go to school Monday to Friday and study, it's not like I don't do anything at all. It's probably more than the average student who has two or three lectures a week from 11 until 3, who doesn't turn up to half of them anyway, then wastes the rest of their time in bed or at the pub.

Kind of got to agree with glassapple here, If his parents have worked hard to earn money then their arrangement with their child or children is their business and is not the anyone else business.

Its better then people who mess around whilst been wholly subsidized by the tax payer. His parents consent to supporting him through education which their is nothing wrong with. Not all Taxpayers consent to their money been taken from them to give to Lazy students to use to get drunk with.

Quick Reply

Latest