The Student Room Group

"I don't have enough time" is crap, yes you do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glassapple
People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do food shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.

All this makes me do is imagine you on your exercise bike,
pedaling away with the NEED to tell someone.
Original post by Dermatome
Cool. Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:

Original post by XOR_
All this makes me do is imagine you on your exercise bike,
pedaling away with the NEED to tell someone.

It wasn't that specific thing I needed to tell somebody, it was an example that you can fit in more things in your day then you realise. Maybe people should see how I live for a day, they'd learn something.
Once you take Maths Chemistry Physics and Further maths, get home from school at 4 and have to stop working at half 6 because you parents are stupid/wierd and have so much work to do constantly you are forced to legitimately miss out revising a subject youll know how i feel...... My a-levels are going down the drain D; already get up at 6:25AM to get to school by 8 so i cant wake up earlier.

in general though i know what you mean, my friend claims he doesnt have enough time to do all the homework hes set AND revise despite spending 90% of his awake time at home watching netflix or playing FIFA.
Original post by Toasticide
Once you take Maths Chemistry Physics and Further maths, get home from school at 4 and have to stop working at half 6 because you parents are stupid/wierd and have so much work to do constantly you are forced to legitimately miss out revising a subject youll know how i feel...... My a-levels are going down the drain D; already get up at 6:25AM to get to school by 8 so i cant wake up earlier.

in general though i know what you mean, my friend claims he doesnt have enough time to do all the homework hes set AND revise despite spending 90% of his awake time at home watching netflix or playing FIFA.

I do the same subjects as you, but I do English literature as well. If people like your friend stopped wasting their time they'd get a lot more done!
Maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and English literature, and I want to study either maths or physics at university, most probably.

That surprised me - I'd guessed either Economics or Law.
Original post by Reality Check
That surprised me - I'd guessed either Economics or Law.

Why did you guess that? I'm interested in economics so I guess it's an option, I wouldn't do law though, too many law graduates floating around the country.
Why did you guess that? I'm interested in economics so I guess it's an option, I wouldn't do law though, too many law graduates floating around the country.

Hey, it's me from the other thread.
Dude, I actually love you. I fully agree with what you said about time management and no matter what everyone else is saying I think everyone can afford to use their time more efficiently. I'm inspired by how much **** you manage to get done.
Original post by aminoff
Hey, it's me from the other thread.
Dude, I actually love you. I fully agree with what you said about time management and no matter what everyone else is saying I think everyone can afford to use their time more efficiently. I'm inspired by how much **** you manage to get done.

Aw thank you! While I've been on here this evening I've exercised, packed my bag and made lunch for tomorrow, making dinner now and I'm going to the theatre later with a friend. You can fit things in if you try!
900000000000000 claps 4 u :smile:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) w3ll d0ne yung l0rd u da homie.
WELLDONE.png

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by squirrology
900000000000000 claps 4 u :smile:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) w3ll d0ne yung l0rd u da homie.
WELLDONE.png

Spoiler

No she doesn't. My sister is a nurse and the most you can work is 60 hours a week after you've signed the form to say you want to work more than 48 hours, under employment law. My sister works 7:30am until 8pm three to five days a week.
No she doesn't. My sister is a nurse and the most you can work is 60 hours a week after you've signed the form to say you want to work more than 48 hours, under employment law. My sister works 7:30 am until 8 pm three to five days a week.

Who are you to tell me that she doesn't? My mother has two jobs. One at a hospital and another at a local agency, she works 5 days a week at the hospital. Her original assigned hours at the hospital is 38 hours a week yet the hospital that she works at is on black alert and has short staff & the fact that she cares for her patients she chooses to work extra IN THE LEGAL LIMIT.
(edited 7 years ago)
Who are you to tell me that she doesn't? My mother has two jobs. One at a hospital and another at a local agency, she works 5 days a week at the hospital and 2 days a week at the agency, or there have been times where she has worked 7 days a week at the hospital. Her original assigned hours at the hospital is 38 hours a week yet the hospital that she works at is on black alert and has short staff & the fact that she cares for her patients she chooses to work extra. Even if it is over the hours you are supposed to work, the hospital are the ones who are dishing out the extra shifts to her.

If either of the employers found out she was breaking employment law, she would be dismissed for unsafe practice due to too many working hours. The hospital has their own permanent staff records and the agency deals with the time sheets from agency workers, they don't really speak to each other. The hospital trust is one employer and the agency is another, their records for attendance don't mix. The agency is the one she physically phones up and asks for shifts from, not the hospital.

https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-help/rcn-advice/working-time-rest-breaks-on-call-and-night-work
Moved to Chat
Original post by 0to100
basically. some people have fuller schedules than him.

And a better life :nutcase:
If either of the employers found out she was breaking employment law, she would be dismissed for unsafe practice due to too many working hours. The hospital has their own permanent staff records and the agency deals with the time sheets from agency workers, they don't really speak to each other. The hospital trust is one employer and the agency is another, their records for attendance don't mix. The agency is the one she physically phones up and asks for shifts from, not the hospital.

https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-help/rcn-advice/working-time-rest-breaks-on-call-and-night-work

I must have been unclear, she is working within employment law, why the **** do I have to prove myself to you. The agency job is part-time & it is only on-call and she doesn't work there every week and when she works at the hospital some days she works 7to7 and some days they are half days, I can assure you that she is working under the maximum limit. My original point has ofc been lost. My mother works hard and not everyone has time to do **** in their day like your prestigious *******. THE END.
I must have been unclear, she is working within employment law, why the **** do I have to prove myself to you. The agency job is part-time & it is only on-call and she doesn't work there every week and when she works at the hospital some days she works 7to7 and some days they are half days, I can assure you that she is working under the maximum limit. My original point has ofc been lost. My mother works hard and not everyone has time to do **** in their day like your prestigious *******. THE END.

You said 7 days a week, that would be well over employment law. The limit encompasses all jobs, it's not doubled if you have two jobs, as the RCN link says.
Admittedly yes, this is somewhat true.

However, it's unfair to generalise everyone just by your personal experiences.
You said 7 days a week, that would be well over employment law. The limit encompasses all jobs, it's not doubled if you have two jobs, as the RCN link says.

My mistake. 5 days a week then :smile:
People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do food shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.

How am I supposed to get up at 6 when I'm up till 6 browsing memes?
Reply 139
Original post by That'sGreat
How did your school fit that into the timetable? Though electronics and economics are questionable imo

I did 15 GCSE's and couldve done up to 17 if i had chosen different subjects, It all fits in 30 lessons a week

Quick Reply

Latest