The Student Room Group

Skating in the rain at night

under all the pretty street lights and buildings, while listening to music is one of the little things that makes life great.

And going fast ofcourse :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Your poor skateboard :lol:
Reply 2
Original post by WoodyMKC
Your poor skateboard :lol:

nah i use rollerblades. I find skateboarding boring. I like sprinting with wheels on my feet :biggrin:

It kinda cleans the wheels a bit when it's pouring down as well because there's less mud and more water lol.
I'm getting anxiety just reading the OP
Reply 4
Original post by queen-bee
I'm getting anxiety just reading the OP

lol which part makes you anxious?
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol which part makes you anxious?

Wet floor-wheels-tripping-face damaged
Reply 6
Original post by queen-bee
Wet floor-wheels-tripping-face damaged

I never fall :cool:. I was even hit by a range rover once and I managed to land on my feet and roll back onto the pavement :clap2:

Also if you do fall you just twist yourself and avoid your face hitting the floor lol.
I never fall :cool:. I was even hit by a range rover once and I managed to land on my feet and roll back onto the pavement :clap2:

Also if you do fall you just twist yourself and avoid your face hitting the floor lol.

Just thinking about it...yikes!
nah i use rollerblades. I find skateboarding boring. I like sprinting with wheels on my feet :biggrin:

It kinda cleans the wheels a bit when it's pouring down as well because there's less mud and more water lol.

Ahh, ok. Still, your poor bearings, hope you dry them off as soon as you get home, prone to seizing and rust otherwise.
Reply 9
My one is skateboarding/penny boarding just at night, no rain (or my bearings will die).

Spoiler

Original post by WoodyMKC
Ahh, ok. Still, your poor bearings, hope you dry them off as soon as you get home, prone to seizing and rust otherwise.

tbh I usually run them under a tap to get rid of all the mud and then leave them. Not too sure what else will help. It's always raining in England so if I wait till it's dry i'll never be able to go out lol.

Should I actually get a towel and dry them properly then?

Original post by 0zzu
My one is skateboarding/penny boarding just at night, no rain (or my bearings will die).

Spoiler

This song came on while I was skating down a really long street full of street lamps and a nice view to the left side for miles because my university is on top of a hill. Magical :moon:

I live for those magical moments in life :biggrin:

Sweet n sour chicken beats donuts imo. Would take my take out box with me and a fork.
(edited 7 years ago)
omg skating, never done it with rollerblades but i used to skateboard all the time 5/6 years back until i almost broke my knee :rofl:
Original post by retro_turtles
omg skating, never done it with rollerblades but i used to skateboard all the time 5/6 years back until i almost broke my knee :rofl:

lmao, RIP in pieces.

I ****ed up my back for ages when I first started as a kid. Got back into it at uni.

You're going to knacker your bearings doing that. And the grip is going to be non existent, outdoor wheels are hard enough already.
I'm eating in the dark, is this edgy too? :frown:
lmao, RIP in pieces.

I ****ed up my back for ages when I first started as a kid. Got back into it at uni.

It may take time before i decide to
I like popping wheelies on my bmx and waking up neighbours with my moped
It may take time before i decide to

Original post by 0to100
x

it would mess up my hair :hand:
it would mess up my hair :hand:

No. Look. There's little holes you can pull your hair through :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest