The Student Room Group

Eight-year-old girl killed in Yemen raid approved by Trump

President Donald Trump personally approved a US commando raid in Yemen that left one elite serviceman dead and may have killed an eight-year-old American girl, the US military has told the Guardian.

At least 14 people died in Sunday’s raid by the elite Joint Special Operations Command, which is now the subject of a preliminary inquiry to determine if allegations of civilian deaths are sufficiently credible to merit a full investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/01/yemen-strike-eight-year-old-american-girl-killed-al-awlaki

Scroll to see replies

Special forces raids are always going to be risky by their very nature. Certain areas of Yemen are breeding grounds for AQ so I can understand why the Yanks went in there. The Saudis aren't exactly helping the situation but neither is Iran. Both have interests in making the other regional powers' life difficult.
There's plenty of things you can probably blame Trump for but I'm not entirely sure this is one of them. Things don't always good according to plan in war. I'd read on another site a V-22 had been destroyed in the raid but this confirms it. RIP to girl killed & the Navy SEAL. It certainly sounds like the girl's death was an accident judging from what the report says.
Sad!
RIP for the girl and everyone else who died
Reply 4
And how many children died in wars started by Obama and other ex POTUS?
Stop blaming Trump for everything, it's really getting ridiculous
The raid was so approved by Hillary.

Trump had no part in it, he just approved it

Condolences for he girls family though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
So Trump is now engaging in murder! When will the military/CIA/FBI step in and dethrone this tyrant?

This is war people die.
Which US presidents haven't approved military operations that have resulted in 0 civilian casualties?

1375987339524.jpg
if the little US girl had fallen into the hands of ISIS her fate would have been much worse.
Original post by Theresa=Appeaser
President Donald Trump personally approved a US commando raid in Yemen that left one elite serviceman dead and may have killed an eight-year-old American girl, the US military has told the Guardian.

At least 14 people died in Sunday’s raid by the elite Joint Special Operations Command, which is now the subject of a preliminary inquiry to determine if allegations of civilian deaths are sufficiently credible to merit a full investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/01/yemen-strike-eight-year-old-american-girl-killed-al-awlaki

Some on the left really are putrid hypocrites.

How many innocents have died in Obama drone strikes?

No doubt now there's no longer a left wing black guy in the oval office a lot of anti-war protestors will be dusting down their "not in my name" placards.
Original post by joe cooley
Some on the left really are putrid hypocrites.

How many innocents have died in Obama drone strikes?

No doubt now there's no longer a left wing black guy in the oval office a lot of anti-war protestors will be dusting down their "not in my name" placards.

I am not on the left.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX

>U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

Trump botched it as he think he's too smart to get intelligence briefing. This is purely his fault.
Absolutely disgusting but America has always had blood on its hand. They have killed millions of Muslims.
Original post by BigTraderBoi
Absolutely disgusting but America has always had blood on its hand. They have killed millions of Muslims.

Millions? I can tell you someone who has killed plenty more muslims, Muslims themselves.
That's sad. Also like 2000 less than Obama so he's got a lot of work to do.
Original post by Mathemagicien
So Trump is now engaging in murder! When will the military/CIA/FBI step in and dethrone this tyrant?

I once thought your opinion was reasonable but you are now a loony.
Original post by Theresa=Appeaser
I am not on the left.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX

>U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

Trump botched it as he think he's too smart to get intelligence briefing. This is purely his fault.

You're not on the left.......

Keep telling yourself that pal.
In 2016 26,171 bombs were dropped across 7 different countries three of which Obama had no Congressional approval to be in, one of them was Yemen. A bomb was dropped on average three times every hour for a whole year. How many children do you think were killed during those bombing raids?

In 2015 Obama approved the dropping of 23,144 bombs and announced to the press as a joke that he was "getting really good at killing people". He joked about mass killing. Where was the outrage then? Where were the protests for the thousands who cradled their dead kids in their arms? Where were the protests for the thousands of kids made orphans by the Obama administration?

Trump authorises a strike that kills a child and the left lose their minds with outrage. You don't get it both ways, it's nothing short of rank hypocrisy. Guardian is a joke.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Millions? I can tell you someone who has killed plenty more muslims, Muslims themselves.

If a Muslim kills another Muslim, they are not a Muslim. They are an apostate.
Original post by Willy Pete
Which US presidents haven't approved military operations that have resulted in 0 civilian casualties?

1375987339524.jpg

Jimmy Carter's administration I believe saw 0 deaths as a result of war.
Original post by BigTraderBoi
If a Muslim kills another Muslim, they are not a Muslim. They are an apostate.

Muhammed has probably killed a Muslim. Looks like Muhammed is a apostate

(I'm going to go hide in my fallout bunker now)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending