The Student Room Group

i’m cheating i need advice

Okay so backround info i’m a minor and i’ve been with my boyfriend for 2 years, he’s done unforgivable stuff to me that everyone told me i should leave him for but i stuck by his side and i still feel trapped and i don’t want to make him sad by leaving.

i meant a 24yr guy we’ve been texting for a while and he wants to meet up once i’m 18 and i feel horrible for talking to him. but i don’t want either of them out of my life even tho my bfs messed up. any advice you guys can be brutal it’s fine

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like u being groomed by the 24 yo guy icl
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Sounds like u being groomed by the 24 yo guy icl

i’m not sure if i am, but either way he used to be my manager which is how i met him. i can’t seem to end things with either one of them. esp since my bf pulled out a knife on himself when i tried to leave him a year ago and i still care about him
Original post by Anonymous #1

i’m not sure if i am, but either way he used to be my manager which is how i met him. i can’t seem to end things with either one of them. esp since my bf pulled out a knife on himself when i tried to leave him a year ago and i still care about him

Either way you’re still a minor. It’s borderline grooming and should be reported to higher authorities. Stay safe from pe*d**hil*s please it’s a dangerous world we live in❤️
Okay so backround info i’m a minor and i’ve been with my boyfriend for 2 years, he’s done unforgivable stuff to me that everyone told me i should leave him for but i stuck by his side and i still feel trapped and i don’t want to make him sad by leaving.

i meant a 24yr guy we’ve been texting for a while and he wants to meet up once i’m 18 and i feel horrible for talking to him. but i don’t want either of them out of my life even tho my bfs messed up. any advice you guys can be brutal it’s fine
Are you a young minor (below 16)? If so then I agree with the other anon, you may be being groomed and buttered up by the 24 year old.

Also might I add "and i don’t want to make him sad by leaving." is not a good enough reason to stick around if he has abused you, or continues to.

"but i don’t want either of them out of my life even tho my bfs messed up" so this is telling me you're happy to be a cheat? Two wrongs don't make a right. I think you should get rid of both, you're young and impressionable, and I highly doubt you have a lot in common with this 24 year old. His brain will be fully developed while yours is still in progress.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #3
Either way you’re still a minor. It’s borderline grooming and should be reported to higher authorities. Stay safe from pe*d**hil*s please it’s a dangerous world we live in❤️
okay but the main issue is me cheating 😭 do i just block the guy? i’m not sure what to do
I agree with everyone else, you need to report him even if it is scary to do so, it needs to be done.
Reply 7
Original post by Mushimedic
no the main issue is that 24 yr old guy, report him immediately and block him.
i think i might like him though
i think i might like him though
But you're a child. And he's a fully grown man. It's not right. He will not think the same way as you do, his interests will be very different to yours. And if he's stringing you along unfortunately that's considered grooming to most people. Heck some would call him a p*d*
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #4
But you're a child. And he's a fully grown man. It's not right. He will not think the same way as you do, his interests will be very different to yours. And if he's stringing you along unfortunately that's considered grooming to most people. Heck some would call him a p*d*
we’ve sexted multiple times and spoke about having a relationship in the future but ur right
we’ve sexted multiple times and spoke about having a relationship in the future but ur right
Serious question have you asked him if he knows he's a pedo because if he's 24 and sexting a minor that means he finds you sexually appealing and that's the disturbing thing even if he says wait till you are 18 he has already overstepped the mark. He can get in a ton of legal trouble especially if nudes are involved. Lose his job and find it hard getting jobs in the future. Among other things
Reply 11
Serious question have you asked him if he knows he's a pedo because if he's 24 and sexting a minor that means he finds you sexually appealing and that's the disturbing thing even if he says wait till you are 18 he has already overstepped the mark. He can get in a ton of legal trouble especially if nudes are involved. Lose his job and find it hard getting jobs in the future. Among other things
he said he knows the age difference is weird, and that it took him a lot of courage to get my number (he didn’t ask me he got it from my work paperwork). he also told me having sex with a minor and sexting a minor is different so we can’t have sex until i turn 18 (his words)
Reply 12
Are you a young minor (below 16)? If so then I agree with the other anon, you may be being groomed and buttered up by the 24 year old.

Also might I add "and i don’t want to make him sad by leaving." is not a good enough reason to stick around if he has abused you, or continues to.

"but i don’t want either of them out of my life even tho my bfs messed up" so this is telling me you're happy to be a cheat? Two wrongs don't make a right. I think you should get rid of both, you're young and impressionable, and I highly doubt you have a lot in common with this 24 year old. His brain will be fully developed while yours is still in progress.
i’m not happy to cheat at all i’m ashamed, im explaining the reason i think i like him is cause my current relationship isn’t good, not cause the older guy is grooming me into liking him
Reply 13
DO NOT DO THIS. I am a male in my 20s as well and what he is doing is disgusting. You should dump your boyfriend if you don't like him anymore but don't date a 24 year old man. You will regret it for the rest of your life.
Reply 14
i’m not happy to cheat at all i’m ashamed, im explaining the reason i think i like him is cause my current relationship isn’t good, not cause the older guy is grooming me into liking him
Cheating isn't the issue. When you are young you make mistakes but getting groomed by a pedophile is something that can ruin your life.
Reply 15
Original post by deuscat
Cheating isn't the issue. When you are young you make mistakes but getting groomed by a pedophile is something that can ruin your life.
i’m almost 18 but he said he liked me two weeks into me starting that job which would be around 6 months ago, but i just told him we should stop talking and he seems like he understands
Reply 16
i’m almost 18 but he said he liked me two weeks into me starting that job which would be around 6 months ago, but i just told him we should stop talking and he seems like he understands
Well you being almost 18 changes things. However, that is still a pretty big age gap of 7 years. My advice would be to just play it safe and not date him.
Sorry, but both your relationships are not normal at all. Firstly there is your boyfriend who is clearly over protective and more over he is dangerous for himself and others because you told that he wanted to kill himself when you decided to break up with him. Secondly there is this 24 yr old guy who is firstly too old for you, it's not a big problem that you talk with him, but he is no better than you boyfriend. Girl firstly get out of that toxic relationship you are involved in, love isn't about attention and feelings it's about feeling so good with the person you are that the rest of the world doesn't already matter for you, if you speak with other guys it means that love is gone between you two.
Reply 18
he said he knows the age difference is weird, and that it took him a lot of courage to get my number (he didn’t ask me he got it from my work paperwork). he also told me having sex with a minor and sexting a minor is different so we can’t have sex until i turn 18 (his words)
Given your age the 24yo is not, legally, a pedophile. However, report him to the police if the 'sexting' including pics which is illegal if one of the parties is under 18 (it's different to the age of consent for sex, which is 16). He's also broken the law by accessing your information at work for personal reasons; report that to the company and the police.

Your current boyfriend is, amongst other things, controlling and manipulative. If a friend told you these things were happening to her would you tell her to stay with the guy or dump him?

Get rid of them both, block them and live your own life. If you think being with someone toxic is a way to be happy and you care more about their feelings than your own, then I recommend you speak to a professional and get some counselling.
One other thing worth considering is why he is going for way younger girls. A lot of these older men are unable to attract women of a similar age so they go for younger instead. Usually because they're easier to manipulate and condition and control as they're still developing, emotionally speaking. To me that's a red flag in itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending