The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elbear24
Does anyone know about the whitechapel capus tour afterwards? I'm trying to book train tickets and knowing when it starts and how long it last will last will be so helpful!
Thanks.

The tour is afterwards and isn't compulsory, but may give you an idea of the atmosphere/uni. It was between 30 and 45 mins long :smile:
Original post by eemooz
The tour is afterwards and isn't compulsory, but may give you an idea of the atmosphere/uni. It was between 30 and 45 mins long :smile:

Okay thanks and did it start straight away? or at set times?
Original post by J-medic77
Whoa, I'm also on the 8th at 14.20! which panel are you?

Panel A!!
Original post by RealLifeEducator
About a third for me but will probably differ for each set of interviewers

How long does the interview last approximately? Is it about 30 minutes?
Original post by FKAsamuel

It is usually quite short, between 15 and 20 minutes
Original post by nyka-niliūnas
It is usually quite short, between 15 and 20 minutes

That's short! Ugh i'm so worried, Barts is my dream medical school and I really don't want to mess up after getting to interview stage :frown: I'm sure I will be Ok though :smile:

mine was quite short about 15-20 mins max but my friends was like 30 mins long so it just really depends - not sure what it means :/
Original post by Medhopeful88
Got one at 3:25!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is at 16.15!
Do you need to bring anything with you to the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Do you need to bring anything with you to the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Form of ID, it says on My Portal to bring a passport :smile:
Does anyone know if you're allowed to take in an annotated copy/notes of the article into the interview?
Many universities have teaching hospitals... do barts also have teaching hospitals? because of what my research they don't seem to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Many universities have teaching hospitals... do barts also have teaching hospitals? because of what my research they don't seem to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, any hospital where clinical teaching takes place is a 'teaching hospital'.

Hospitals attached to Barts include:

The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel

St Bartholomew's Hospital, West Smithfield, London

Whipps Cross University Hospital, Leytonstone, London

Newham University Hospital, Newham, London

Homerton University Hospital, Homerton, London

Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex

Southend University Hospital, Southend, Essex

Colchester University Hospital, Colchester, Essex

The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex

Queens Hospital, Romford, Essex

King George Hospital, Romford, Essex

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Clubba
Yeah, any hospital where clinical teaching takes place is a 'teaching hospital'.

Hospitals attached to Barts include:

The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel

St Bartholomew's Hospital, West Smithfield, London

Whipps Cross University Hospital, Leytonstone, London

Newham University Hospital, Newham, London

Homerton University Hospital, Homerton, London

Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex

Southend University Hospital, Southend, Essex

Colchester University Hospital, Colchester, Essex

The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex

Queens Hospital, Romford, Essex

King George Hospital, Romford, Essex

Thank you very much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long was the interview?
I'm so nervous :frown:
Regarding the article, I've read it 5 times and I still don't understand what kind of questions they could ask. It seems as though all the answers are already in the article and I can't come up with any new ideas of my own because the article is informative. Can anyone help me please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Regarding the article, I've read it 5 times and I still don't understand what kind of questions they could ask. It seems as though all the answers are already in the article and I can't come up with any new ideas of my own because the article is informative. Can anyone help me please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Research the topic of discussion in the article so you are well informed on it when at interview. Try and understand some of the ethics that could arise from the topic in the article and think of your opinion on these ethics. Don't stress out, as long as you're well informed on your article you should be fine!
Research the topic of discussion in the article so you are well informed on it when at interview. Try and understand some of the ethics that could arise from the topic in the article and think of your opinion on these ethics. Don't stress out, as long as you're well informed on your article you should be fine!

I completely understand what you mean however, I can't really research if all of the points possible have been made in the article. I don't see a room for my own input as all of the points have been made in the article. If they had given us a particular statement or topic instead of a very informative article, I think it would've been better. I am literally clueless to what I could possible add.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completely understand what you mean however, I can't really research if all of the points possible have been made in the article. I don't see a room for my own input as all of the points have been made in the article. If they had given us a particular statement or topic instead of a very informative article, I think it would've been better. I am literally clueless to what I could possible add.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you understand the article then that's great. Everyone was in the same position as you, nobody can know what they're going to ask but I wouldn't stress yourself about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1199
do medical students play a role in the scoring of the interview?
wish all of you the best of luck. 4 more days to go.............aaah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending