The Student Room Group

i feel small

I am 5'7 and 18. I go to the gym consistently but im not that big :tongue:, my face has fat and my hair is short (looks bad when i grow it) so I dont really have the features that girls are looking for. Sometimes through personality I also feel small (when im confident i end up making a fool out of mysef) I feel like i have the short straw overall in most things.

How can I feel better?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just know that there are more people like you
Me
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
I am 5'7 and 18. I go to the gym consistently but im not that big :tongue:, my face has fat and my hair is short (looks bad when i grow it) so I dont really have the features that girls are looking for. Sometimes through personality I also feel small (when im confident i end up making a fool out of mysef) I feel like i have the short straw overall in most things.

How can I feel better?

yeah you're short but who cares you can hide in cupboards, and crwl in small places.
grow your hair I guess, but you have nothing to worry about
Original post by SuperHuman98

How can I feel better?

Dude try been 4ft yes im 4ft :/
Original post by iqra2159
Just know that there are more people like you
Me

I can always relate with any tsrian in some way xD
Can't know how you're feeling, seeing how I'm 6'2, but average girls are shorter then 5'7, so even if they want someone taller then themselves, you're still somewhat taller then that average. If you keep going to the gym, dress smartly, crack a few jokes here and there, be kind and available and you're bound to find someone right for you.
There are things you have and there are things you don't have...

Even people with 'extremely good looks' have this or that they do not like about themselves.

Shine from within... nothing beats that ...
Reply 7
I'm 17 and 5"6'. I got some tips bro, although these aren't really scientifically proven.

- Hang off of a bar for a few minutes a week. Make sure your body is loose and not tened when hanging. This can stretch your spine to add a few cms.
- Drink milk constantly and make sure you get enought vitamin D to absorb the calcium from the milk.
- Do some stretches like touching your toes etc to stretch your spine and legs.
- If I were you, I would stop doing weights since they can stunt your growth (I used to do weights to, but stopped now).
- Start swimming as this can loosen up your body and help you grow.
Original post by MiszShortee786

Thats so cuteee :colondollar:
Lol Iwas just having one of those moments when making this thread
Original post by Ibbyyyyy

- If I were you, I would stop doing weights since they can stunt your growth (I used to do weights to, but stopped now).

This is a myth actually, it hasn't been proven to stunt growth
Never compare yourself to others that is the key to success
Original post by Ammmaaaraah
Thats so cuteee :colondollar:

lol please I get trodden on almost everyday or I always bump into 'tall people' its really annoying :/
Reply 13

what?????
Original post by shabak
what?????

Yes its true 4ft 135cm :smile:
Reply 15
Yes its true 4ft 135cm :smile:

So you're 4'5" :eek:
lol please I get trodden on almost everyday or I always bump into 'tall people' its really annoying :/

Aw haha, i still find it cute :tongue:
Do you get mistaken for your age as well?
Original post by Ammmaaaraah
Aw haha, i still find it cute :tongue:
Do you get mistaken for your age as well?

My whole life ive been mistaken for my age. Apparently I dont look like im in my 20s lol :tongue:.
Original post by shabak
So you're 4'5" :eek:

Yes :smile:
My whole life ive been mistaken for my age. Apparently I dont look like im in my 20s lol :tongue:.

Do you think its to do with your height? I've been told I look 10 when i'm 18, so it can't be that bad :h:

Quick Reply

Latest