The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh 2017 deferred offer holders

Does anyone know when Edinburgh accommodation opens for students starting UG in September 2017 who already have a deferred unconditional offer?
Original post by Han-han-han
Does anyone know when Edinburgh accommodation opens for students starting UG in September 2017 who already have a deferred unconditional offer?

Hi Han-han-han, it varies on the University you're attending, but usually around Spring time. You can check on the University's accommodation page closer to time, for instance this one for The University of Edinburgh - http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-students/application-faqs/.

We open our applications for September 2017 in November, so if you want guaranteed accommodation early you should check us out :smile: http://iq-student-accommodation.com/student-accommodation/edinburgh

Good luck!
The iQ Team :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Hi,
I just applied for my accommodation a few days ago. I have a deferred unconditional offer to Edinburgh too.
Go to the university's accommodation website. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by celinew
Hi,
I just applied for my accommodation a few days ago. I have a deferred unconditional offer to Edinburgh too.
Go to the university's accommodation website. :smile:

What were your choices?
Reply 4
Original post by Azzer11
What were your choices?

I applied to Portsburgh, Brae House, Haddington Place, Salisbury Court and Blackfriars. All Standard rooms.
Reply 5
Original post by celinew
I applied to Portsburgh, Brae House, Haddington Place, Salisbury Court and Blackfriars. All Standard rooms.

Nice I applied to Salisbury Court, Deaconess, Portsburgh Court, Salisbury (Studio) and Brae House. Hopefully I'll get one of my top 2 :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Azzer11
Nice I applied to Salisbury Court, Deaconess, Portsburgh Court, Salisbury (Studio) and Brae House. Hopefully I'll get one of my top 2 :smile:

I think Salisbury Court and Haddington are new but they looks really nice! Same :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by celinew
I think Salisbury Court and Haddington are new but they looks really nice! Same :smile:

Yeah, although there weren't any proper pictures for Salisbury so I just applied to it because it'll be new and modern and it's pretty central.
Reply 8
Yes same. Even on the street map you could only see the bit of land that they were building on. Supposedly we'll hear back in May. What will you be studying? 😊
Reply 9
Original post by Azzer11
Yeah, although there weren't any proper pictures for Salisbury so I just applied to it because it'll be new and modern and it's pretty central.

Yes same. Even on the street map you could only see the bit of land that they were building on. Supposedly we'll hear back in May. What will you be studying? :smile:
Hello everyone, I also have a conditional offer for Electrical and Electronic engineering.
I am planning to put Edinburgh as my firm choice.
Salisbury Court seems nice, but I wasn't able to find any pictures of the en-suite room.
I also liked Deaconnes and Portsburgh
Any accommodation suggestions that are en-suite and near George Square Campus?
Reply 11
Original post by Draculalevel
Hello everyone, I also have a conditional offer for Electrical and Electronic engineering.
I am planning to put Edinburgh as my firm choice.
Salisbury Court seems nice, but I wasn't able to find any pictures of the en-suite room.
I also liked Deaconnes and Portsburgh
Any accommodation suggestions that are en-suite and near George Square Campus?

Congratulations!
I applied to Portsburgh because it's quite close to George Square and the rooms looked really nice. I also applied to Brae House. On the website it said that it was about a 30 minute walk away from George Square but i have a friend who lives there and he said it's only about 20 minutes. I applied to Haddington Place, Salisbury and Blackfriars as well. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending