The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick 2023

Anyone planning on/ have offers from Warwick to do Psychology?
I deferred my offer last year so going in 2023:smile:
heyyy! yeah i have an offer for psych at warwick! but i dont think im going to choose it for firm or insurance as im waiting for edinburgh to respond but we'll see :smile: congrats!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I have an offer from Warwick for Psych too! <wave>
Original post by tsrgirl123
heyyy! yeah i have an offer for psych at warwick! but i dont think im going to choose it for firm or insurance as im waiting for edinburgh to respond but we'll see :smile: congrats!!

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll get in :smile: Edinburgh is such a nice place x
Reply 4
I deferred my offer as well :smile: Not Psych but Neuroscience :biggrin:

I've been looking that the Warwick threads quiet a lot haha, I don't think I even looked at the student room once when I was applying but now it's all interesting to me.

How's your gap year going?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Izzy^
I deferred my offer as well :smile: Not Psych but Neuroscience :biggrin:

I've been looking that the Warwick threads quiet a lot haha, I don't think I even looked at the student room once when I was applying but now it's all interesting to me.

How's your gap year going?

Heyy:smile: me too honestly, now i know im definitely going warwick in September im more into the student room threads haha

Gap year is going good, im just earning some money and trying to get a few holidays in, nothing too interesting though 😂 how’s your gap year?

Hope to see you in Septemberrr x
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy:smile: me too honestly, now i know im definitely going warwick in September im more into the student room threads haha

Gap year is going good, im just earning some money and trying to get a few holidays in, nothing too interesting though 😂 how’s your gap year?

Hope to see you in Septemberrr x

Yeah literally hahah, it's just a good time killer. Hope your job is going well!!

I mainly chose a gap year to prevent acedemic burn out.

Currently I'm just earning money w/ a full time job and planning on visiting some friends in central Europe is my entire 2023 in a nutshell, already really looking forward to moving out and being a student, getting pretty bored I won't lie. But at the end of it all I know it will be worth it :smile:

Yeah :biggrin: hope to see you around campus in September!

Have you looked and decided on your ideal accom?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Izzy^
Yeah literally hahah, it's just a good time killer. Hope your job is going well!!

I mainly chose a gap year to prevent acedemic burn out.

Currently I'm just earning money w/ a full time job and planning on visiting some friends in central Europe is my entire 2023 in a nutshell, already really looking forward to moving out and being a student, getting pretty bored I won't lie. But at the end of it all I know it will be worth it :smile:

Yeah :biggrin: hope to see you around campus in September!

Have you looked and decided on your ideal accom?

Have fun on your travelsss, sounds really fun:smile: thinking Jack Martin at the moment, heard it’s supposed to be a good mix there, social but not in the centre of things, like rootes is supposed to be. Have you had a look at any accom you might like?

Add my Snapchat n let’s talk uniii @Pawocinnej
Reply 8
URGENT
3 bedroom flat available at The Oaks (only four bed flat available)
£199p/w
10 minute walk to campus
Message if interested
Reply 9
Please tell me pros and cons of Warwick to help deciding which unis. For me, Warwick is relatively new unis and it looks isolated, whilst having good academic reputation. I'm on Chemistry.
Reply 10
Original post by Miki M
Please tell me pros and cons of Warwick to help deciding which unis. For me, Warwick is relatively new unis and it looks isolated, whilst having good academic reputation. I'm on Chemistry.

I'm also going to be studying chemistry and i'm fairly sure i'm going to firm warwick but i'm going to the offer holders day on wednesday before making my decision. From my visits and what i've seen elsewhere, the chemistry department is excellent (as it is a top 10 chemistry university in the UK) and it seems like there is a community within chemistry there (with chemsoc and ChemCafe, etc). The facilities there (labs, study spaces etc) also look really nice.

You are right that it is a bit isolated and there is a student bubble - that's probably the biggest con, but I didn't mind that too much. Since warwick is in the centre of the UK and between most major cities its fairly easy to go meet friends in London or Birmingham which is what I might do, but you do you. If you want more nightlife, then of course warwick isn't in the centre of a big city so you wont get that as much. Personally night life isn't a major thing for me, i might go out with friends once in a while but the to be honest chemistry at uni may be quite demanding so we may not even have time for that :tongue:

Despite seeming isolated, it is definitely a social university and seems like there's loads of things to do, on top of being academic and ranking highly. Hope this answers your question :biggrin:
Reply 11
3 bedroom flat available at the Oaks
Only 4 bed flat available!
All sold out on website!
10/15 minute walk to campus!
£199p/w
Message if interested
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Luca D
I'm also going to be studying chemistry and i'm fairly sure i'm going to firm warwick but i'm going to the offer holders day on wednesday before making my decision. From my visits and what i've seen elsewhere, the chemistry department is excellent (as it is a top 10 chemistry university in the UK) and it seems like there is a community within chemistry there (with chemsoc and ChemCafe, etc). The facilities there (labs, study spaces etc) also look really nice.

You are right that it is a bit isolated and there is a student bubble - that's probably the biggest con, but I didn't mind that too much. Since warwick is in the centre of the UK and between most major cities its fairly easy to go meet friends in London or Birmingham which is what I might do, but you do you. If you want more nightlife, then of course warwick isn't in the centre of a big city so you wont get that as much. Personally night life isn't a major thing for me, i might go out with friends once in a while but the to be honest chemistry at uni may be quite demanding so we may not even have time for that :tongue:

Despite seeming isolated, it is definitely a social university and seems like there's loads of things to do, on top of being academic and ranking highly. Hope this answers your question :biggrin:

Hey I was wondering if u got in
Reply 13
Original post by Ahltie

yes
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone planning on/ have offers from Warwick to do Psychology?
I deferred my offer last year so going in 2023:smile:

Hi! I've accepted my offer at Warwick and am starting in September, have you found any Whatsapp groups to join? Xx
Reply 15
i think you now know the answer to that after finding me on the Warwick discord and Unifi haha

Original post by Ahltie
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest