The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

University of Stirling Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsAndCoffee
Could see you around campus. :colondollar:

What are your conditions? I confirmed my unconditional a few days ago.

Omg congrats on making the final decision! :smile: At least now it's all done and you can concentrate on finishing school and looking forward to uni!

It was unconditional, I freaked out! :biggrin: You just might see me, it's becoming very likely! :h:

I still have to wait for other replies but I really did like Stirling so I don't know! :five: I like that the university is so chilled out and the course is pretty flexible. Also good food in the city, jobs too and well located for family to visit. Pretty ideal bc it's a great mix between city and campus. :colonhash:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by jmalley1
I think I will, they said that decisons would be made before 31st of March but I did apply ages ago! Glasgow is my first choice and I have an offer but I still want to hear back!

Way yeah because you can't make a decision until they hurry up and reply! :biggrin:
Congrats on your offer from Glasgow! I applied and haven't heard back yet but I did love the city and the campus! Also think it's got a really good education course?
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Way yeah because you can't make a decision until they hurry up and reply! :biggrin:
Congrats on your offer from Glasgow! I applied and haven't heard back yet but I did love the city and the campus! Also think it's got a really good education course?

I applied for History/Sociology at Glasgow so I don't know much about the education course there, but the history course is pretty much my cup of tea, so I'm chuffed I got a place! I hope you hear back soon!
I applied for History/Sociology at Glasgow so I don't know much about the education course there, but the history course is pretty much my cup of tea, so I'm chuffed I got a place! I hope you hear back soon!

It was a good course! I liked the kelvingrove museum opportunities.
And the buildings in the university are so old and pretty. :biggrin: But the size of Glasgow as a city put me off. Prefer smaller cities. Even though it was a very trendy place! :smile: I'm sure you'll be really happy there, meant to have great nightlife.
They said I would hear back by mid march which is a longer wait than I wanted but its okay, I don't think the university is right for me anyway, prefer a campus type one. :redface:
It was a good course! I liked the kelvingrove museum opportunities.
And the buildings in the university are so old and pretty. :biggrin: But the size of Glasgow as a city put me off. Prefer smaller cities. Even though it was a very trendy place! :smile: I'm sure you'll be really happy there, meant to have great nightlife.
They said I would hear back by mid march which is a longer wait than I wanted but its okay, I don't think the university is right for me anyway, prefer a campus type one. :redface:

Where is it you're from? I'm from Glasgow anyway so I love the city, I don't think i'd cope going to uni in a small town! Even though Glasgow is big, it's split into smaller areas which are really easy to get to know, so a lot of the time you know where you are and it doesn't feel as big as it is! But everyone has their own preferences! I lived in a small town further South for a while and couldn't stand it! 😊
Where is it you're from? I'm from Glasgow anyway so I love the city, I don't think i'd cope going to uni in a small town! Even though Glasgow is big, it's split into smaller areas which are really easy to get to know, so a lot of the time you know where you are and it doesn't feel as big as it is! But everyone has their own preferences! I lived in a small town further South for a while and couldn't stand it! 😊

When I went to Glasgow I almost got lost trying to find the university from the tube station! :biggrin:

Funnily enough, I was specifically looking for universities in smaller places! :lol: Although the town I live in is a bit too small, the highlight of the high street is a Greggs bakery. :tongue: Want something a bit better than that.

I've lived in the Edinburgh area most of my life and I kinda was looking for an old town or city to go to university at. ( Edinburgh is too close to home for me. :zomg: )

Stirling really fits my requirements as it's got a good student union, all on one campus, good accommodation, not a huge student population and is close to a medieval city! :tongue: I had good food in the city when I visited for the open day too. :colondollar: A priority, of course.
I applied for Adult Nursing and I have interview on Thursday. I´m so nervous about interview
One of my classmates (college) has had 3 offers from Stirling and they are all combined degrees. I have yet to hear anything but I am going to the study day next Monday (20th). I may take the opportunity to retrieve somebodys thumb from their bottom!
Reply 88
Original post by shannon wil 1407
has anyone heard back from primary education yet ?

I have a place for Primary Education with Spanish, but I got an offer last year and deferred it. They didn't get back to me until around April time, so it will probably be another while before you hear back.
Hi Everyone!😊
I applied for the access to nursing course at stirling recently and recieved an email requesting me to write an essay so they could assess my skills etc. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience? Also ive waited a month for a decsion to be made and nothing yet.. getting slightly worried now! And going slightly mad checking my student portal and email lol! X
Reply 90
Just got an unconditional offer for History and Law! So glad, I had really lost all hope.
Original post by balegdah
Just got an unconditional offer for History and Law! So glad, I had really lost all hope.

Ah congrats! I got an offer for history too. Are they your first choice? :smile:
Reply 92
Ah congrats! I got an offer for history too. Are they your first choice? :smile:

Yep! Still waiting on a couple but I'll be accepting Stirling anyway I think. Is it yours?
Original post by balegdah
Yep! Still waiting on a couple but I'll be accepting Stirling anyway I think. Is it yours?

Ah nice! Stirling are the only ones I've heard from but they're my favourite anyway. :smile:
I would like to hear back from my other choices but think Stirling is perfect. Really like the campus and that I can take all sorts of subjects when I'm there.
Who've you heard from other than Stirling?
Also I haven't heard anything from them about offer holders days or been sent an information pack though, have you? I thought universities did that...:redface: Portal hasn't said anything other than "you have an unconditional offer".
Got an unconditional offer for psychology. Extremely happy considering that I got rejected last year. Guess my gap year was worth it after all.
Original post by ashleymacleod
Got an unconditional offer for psychology. Extremely happy considering that I got rejected last year. Guess my gap year was worth it after all.

I am still waiting for psychology. Last night I applied for HNC social sciences at West Lothian College as a back up. At least my place on that course is a certainty
Original post by Richard0328
I am still waiting for psychology. Last night I applied for HNC social sciences at West Lothian College as a back up. At least my place on that course is a certainty

Still waiting for psychology too :biggrin: I hope we hear something soon
Original post by iwelinaaa
Still waiting for psychology too :biggrin: I hope we hear something soon

I am attending a study day at Stirling on Monday. I know where the psychology department and the temptation is there to go and have a little word with someone. Patience is a virtue that I am not really known for lol
Original post by mynameisnotmya
Applied for Film and Media! I received my unconditional offer on Tuesday! So glad there's a forum like this here, I've been searching for something with Stirling applicants for ages!!!

Yay, I can't believe there is finally someone else whose applied for Film and Media! I've received an unconditional for Stirling too but as a combined degree with philosophy. Genuinely haven't met anyone doing my course yet, so it's nice to know there are some others out there for Film and Media, haha. :h:
Original post by r.kelly13
Yay, I can't believe there is finally someone else whose applied for Film and Media! I've received an unconditional for Stirling too but as a combined degree with philosophy. Genuinely haven't met anyone doing my course yet, so it's nice to know there are some others out there for Film and Media, haha. :h:

Neither have I! There seemed to be no one else in the thread lol. And Philosophy sounds cool!!!

Quick Reply

Latest